“Perfect for MOA get-away!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Taylorsville, Kentucky
“Perfect for MOA get-away!”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here for a MOA get-away with my 10-year old. We flew in, and didn't even have to rent a car, thanks to the hotel's location and shuttle service to both the mall and airport. We walked to and from the mall (just across the street) all except once -- and were glad for the shuttle that once because our feet were sore after a full day at Nickolodean Universe in the mall. The two pools and two whirlpools were a nice amenity; usually, families/children were in one pool/whirlpool, and older adults in the other set. There's no such designation on them, but that's just how it worked out the few days we were there. The included breakfast was sufficient, with continental plus rotating hot items that seem to be standard fare at most "breakfast-included" hotels (pre-made egg dishes, sausage patties, and the like). We ate at both attached restaurants: IHOP and TGI Fridays. We appreciated having a choice of restaurants attached right to our hotel. The suites are truly two-room with a real door, not just a glass divider or french doors. This allowed my child to go to bed and close the door, while I could stay up later in the living room. One note about the in-room game console: When you purchase one hour of game time, it means one hour from the time of purchase -- not one hour of play time with "come and go" privileges. Our room, pool area, and all the premises were clean and pleasant. Service was friendly, from the front desk to the breakfast servers. We absolutely would stay here again on a Mall of America trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear HappyFamily005,

What a wonderful description of your experience with our hotel! I really appreciate you sharing your comments with fellow travelers to the area. Firsthand knowledge like yours is credible information for me and potential guests looking at hotels in the area. I'm very happy to know our staff members were friendly and our hotel was clean. I hope you'll be back to visit us again. Please contact me at the number below if I can be of assistance with a future reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

952-646-2800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The staff was great, the hotel was clean, the room was great, nothing bad about this hotel. Would stay there again and tell others about it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jacward,

Thank you very much for your personal endorsement of our hotel. I'mso glad you had agood experience while you were here and I appreciate your positive feedback. It's always nice to hear that our hotel is clean, the staff and rooms are great. I hope you'll be able to visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Burlington, Kansas
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We have been to the Mall of America several times, and each time we stay in a different hotel. We've stayed in the nicely remodeled Best Western Plus and the family friendly Mall of America Waterpark, but as nice as those places were the customer service left us less than satisfied. On this last visit we tried Country Inn & Suites mainly because of the close location and shuttle service. We were not disappointed. In fact, it was so close we never used mall shuttle, only the airport shuttle. The best part was the AWESOME customer service. The front desk staff, shuttle drivers, and cleaning staff were ALL friendly and helpful. We were treated like guests in their home! Pierre, at the front desk, was full of energy! We all enjoyed his warm welcome and friendly visits as we came and went during our stay. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank alh5908
Dear ALH5900,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It's wonderful to hear that the customer service in our hotel is the deciding factor when choosing a hotel in our area. I'm very proud of the team wehave and I'm very glad they were courteous and accommodating while you were staying with us. I shared your comments with Pierre and I know you made his day! Please let me know when you'll be back in our area and I'd be happy to assist with your reservations. Thank you again for the glowing endorsement of our hotel.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Breakfast is included in the guest rate - they do a great job with the breakfast. Wide variety. Indoor Pool - I wish it was outdoors when I was there, but I am sure the guest appreicate the indoor pool in the winter!
Their van driver will take you to the mall or you can walk. Very friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel and I hope you'll be back to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

[--]
Key West, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We didn't stay here because of the proximity to MOA, but it was right across the street from it. Everything was stupendous about this hotel. The breakfast area is very accomodating and spacious. The food selection was varied and choices were many. The hotel has a TGIF and IHOP attached for additional options. There are two smaller indoor pools and two spas in the same pool area---different but allowed for separation of guests.

I thought about withholding a star for the hotel's very poor door card reader system (you had to get the speed, motion just right for the reader to recognize your card. Very finicky system that caused us a bit of frustration getting into our rooms (same experience on two rooms). Anyways, I'm giving a pass on this since everything else about the hotel and our stay was 5 stars.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Mr. Hirscher,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We really appreciate the positive feedback. I apologize for the problem with the key reader. I'm sure it was very frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused you. I will check with the vendor to see if they have a remedy for the symptoms you described. I hope you'll be back to stay with us again very soon.

Sincerely, Jodie Grannes
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The entire staff was friendly and positive. Always with a smile. The rooms were very clean and well lit. Room service was from the TGI Fridays next door and it was delicious and the woman who took the order was great as was the young man who brought it. We stayed here a couple of nights as we visited the State Fair. The first night we ate at the IHOP which is also attached to the hotel. Fantastic service from the manager named Mo and all who worked there. This is a great location. We will stay here again for sure. Great free breakfast.

Room Tip: Great location, great staff!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the wonderful endorsement. I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel. I will share your comments with Mo and I know you will make his day! I hope you'll be back very soon to stay with us again.

Regards, Jodie Grannes
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Was extremely pleased with this hotel, location was perfect for access to the Mall of America and also the light rail to get us back and forth to the Metrodome. Check in was really quick and our room was very adequate. And I must say these are the most comfortable beds that I have ever experienced at a hotel. We did enjoy the IHOP being connected to the hotel so that we could take in some food after the football game. My only disappointment was the continental breakfast, very little available had to wait for them to bring out more and then was not many options. But money saved on the price of the hotel paid for a good breakfast at IHOP.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very muck for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm happy to know you had a good experience with us, but I do apologize that the breakfast was less than satisfactory for you. We have new processes in place that help facilitate the large quantities of food we sometimes need to prepare, so I hope you will try us again. Hopefully, you won't have to wait for any of the hot items to be cooked!

Thank you again for your nice feedback, Jodie Grannes