“When we went to check in a gentleman told us he was just...”

Days Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Altoona
“When we went to check in a gentleman told us he was just...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

When we went to check in a gentleman told us he was just changing our room, we really needed a double double with the amount of people in our group. We needed two rooms and they were still together even with the change. It was important to me and I think in was important to him because he read our notes on our card. Great idea. He was just a great help. He was there again in the morning again willing to help. I bet HE brings back back repeat customers with his personality. Thanks for our stay. We didn't stay in the hotel very long, just to sleep. We had a great time and would stay with you again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Donald V, General Manager at Days Inn Bloomington West, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Judy, Thank you for your compliments about our staff and the extra work they do to accommodate guests’ requests. We look forward in assisting you in your hotel needs during your next visit to the Bloomington area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
MN
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was kind of worried about our upcoming stay. However, everything went very smoothly! There were 14 of us that stayed the night before our flight. The rooms had been redone and they were perfect for our needs. I loved the extra sink in the room as it was very handy for getting ready in the morning. I thought the bed was pretty hard but others in our group said they liked them. We did not have breakfast as we left at 4 in the morning so I can't give my opinion on that. The shuttle was big, not just a little van, although they had one of those too. All of us fit, as well as all of our many bags we packed for our cruise!!! Upon returning from our vacation, both shuttles came to pick us up as there were 14 in our group and another family. I have used many different hotels in the past for park/fly and I have to say this hotel is one that I would use again! Oh and I loved that Chili's restaurant was right next door, a plus in my opinion :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Donald V, General Manager at Days Inn Bloomington West, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our Park Before you Fly Package and the hotel. We have been working hard to improve the hotel for the guests. We have updated many items such as the beds, carpet, shuttle and breakfast. Thank you for choosing us we look forward to assisting you in your future vacation plans.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Of the course of 20 years of traveling for work I have stayed at my fair share of Days Inn. I am well aware that they are not a Hyatt by anymeans, but are a affordable hotel. I was placed here by Delta after a mechanical problem with an airplane. Service was not too bad but our first room was unlike anything I have ever seen. From the time I walked in it reeked of air freshener, and it was clear that they were trying to cover something up. The bathroom was dated and the floor felt sticky, and the window treatments appeared to have a brown stain on them in multiple spots. I requested a different room and was moved. Our. Ext room it was clear that they had made an attempt to better it. Like all of the rooms there were stains all over and he ceiling appeared to have a red stain on it and our air conditioner seemed to have an odor. I am fine with a dated hotel, as long as it had been kept clean and makntained well. And this Days Inn seemed to be uncared for for many years. I hope Days Inn realizes that this is not acceptable.

• Stayed November 2012
I am sorry to hear that your experience here was less than exceptional and we are working to improve the guest experience and appearance of the property. Also thank you for noticing that we have been making improvements to the property. Since being taken over by new ownership we have been hard at work adding new carpet, furniture, beds, drapes, granite counter tops in the bathroom and painting
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I often travel from Canada to Memphis,Tennessee for my daughters medical appointments at St Jude. NEVER in my life have I ever experienced a hotel like this. We had been in airports for nearly 14 hours by the time I got to Minneapolis and was told where I should call for my hotel. The lady at the hotels front desk told me she had a shuttle near and it would be there in 5 mins, almost an hour later, we were still waiting. When we got to the hotel the first room we were given was unsafe. The lock was broken off the window, the window was cracked and you couldn't shut it. The room smelled of marijuana and there was a loud dog barking. I asked for another room, the second room smelled of pure mildew and must and the air didn't work. I simply explained to them I couldn't be in a room like this with a child who had medical problems. They gave us a 3rd room, the adjoining door was unlocked. At this point my child and I were so tired, we locked the door, put a table against it and literally did not leave our room until it was time to go to the airport the next day. I contacted Days Inn and the best they could give me was a *I am sorry* and *enjoy these 100 reward points*. Seriously?! NOT impressed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Donald V, General Manager at Days Inn Bloomington West, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hello I am the General Manager of the Days Inn Bloomington West Location. As I mentioned in the emails back in September I am very thankful for the feedback that you had offered. At that time we were in the middle for remodeling the majority of our rooms with new furniture, carpet, beds and bedding. We have had been working hard since early in the summer to remodel the property and bring the rooms and hotel up to a higher standard than they had in the past. The feedback that you gave me at that time was all addressed right away. I have continued to use this to develop the new staff and to improve the overall quality of the rooms that we provide. Checking the email that I sent to you I offered more than the 100 rewards points mentioned above. Since the room was paid for by another company I was unable to give any direct compensation to you. The rewards points are good to use with of the Wyndham brand hotels