“Not impressed!”
Review of CANTINA #1

CANTINA #1
Reserve with OpenTable
CANTINA #1 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 230 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Atmosphere was okay, we sat in a booth by the window to people watch while we dined. The food arrived very hot and looked okay but lacked flavor. We asked for hot sauce, which should be at each table; we had to smear it over all of our food to be able to eat it. Margaritas were also lacking taste, rather watered down. Won't try this restaurant again....nice staff though.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

we went to watch our friends play and they were great, we only had drinks, so i dont feel that it is fair to review on just the drinks...

Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was just ok. We started out with a $5 mimosa which was actually really delicious. We were both surprised at how delicious it was. My husband ordered an appetizer sampler which he said was pretty good for the most part, and I ordered some pork tacos with pineapple. I had really high hopes because the menu description made it sound really delicious... it wasn't. The picture on the menu showed it with fresh pineapple, it had canned pineapple. The pork was dry, and the wrong consistency for a taco. There was only about for small pieces of pork on each dried out tortilla. The cheese was barely melted. It also said on the menu it was delicious with a fresh lime squeezed over it, they never even gave me limes. I had to ask for them. The sauce that came with them was pretty flavorless, and pretty spicy so I also asked for sour cream to tone down the spice. We also never received napkins, or silverware... the waiter saw me spreading sour cream on my taco with a straw and game me some silverware when he brought the check... not super helpful. After I asked for limes, and sour cream, the tacos were ok. But completely not what you would expect for $16. We just felt like it was over priced, and not very good. On the upside, the atmosphere was fun. Definitely a Mall of America tourist trap. We won't be returning.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The place was very crowded on a Saturday evening although between the bar and the restaurant it can hold many people. The escort was super friendly and welcoming, and our waitress Snooki was attentive.
We were disappointed that the soft shell crab shooters were gone so we ordered the shrimp soup and langostine tacos - there is a Tex Mex menu too which we were not interested in. CHips are not complimentary, we ordered them for $2.45 and asked for a hot salsa; Snooki bought us 2 different kinds of hot ones. The house margarita was pretty good. The soup in a tomato broth with potatoes and carrots was excellent - the flavors were perfectly balanced. Langostine tacos came together well with the fish, avocado and beans. I could have eaten a lot more of the rice served on the side.
Service can definitely be better. We asked for an extra spoon from another waitress and she never came back with one. Our waitress didn't offer us the dessert menu, just brought us the check. But I'd go back for the food.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had cold beers but the Margaritas were only average. My wife and others were hoping for something special. it was ok place and appetizers were a little above average