“Awesome for the Kids!”

Nickelodeon Universe
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Bloomington
Reviewed August 7, 2014

When I was young, my parents took me often to Nickelodeon Universe (or, as it was called back then, Camp Snoopy). I always enjoyed the experience. There is a fun ride for everyone at the park, as well as some cute shops (I got my favorite stuffed animal from one of them!), places to get your face painted, and yummy food and snacks! My favorite rides were the Log Chute and, of course, the Screaming Yellow Eagle (now called the Danny Phantom Ghost Zone). I would love to go back someday. Seeing photos is always nostalgic.

1  Thank Kaylin M
There are newer reviews for Nickelodeon Universe

Reviewed August 7, 2014

great rides for all. My kids especially liked the Pepsi Orange Streak. The went on it lots. Also try the dippin`dots if you get a chance. Its an interesting experience in ice cream.

1  Thank kpgc
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Amazing chaperon policy, buy your wristbands online and go on a weekday. Free riding for adults as long as you are with your kids and rides from tame to more crazy. Our kids are ages 12,5,3,and 1 and they all loved it.

1  Thank eric h
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Awesome rides and something for everyone. All of the young people staffing the rides were friendly and attentive. Adults who do not want to ride the rides do not have to buy a wristband. We were very happy to watch our girls who are finally old and tall enough to ride the rides without an adult. The agility course and ziplines were awesome! However, the wait to get on them is long but worth the wait. Try and get these out of the way first but make sure everyone is fed and has had a bathroom break before getting into line. Our girls really enjoyed sliding down the massive slides and didn't even notice or complain about the many steps they had to climb to get to the top of the slide in order to slide down. It was a pleasure enjoying a weather controlled environment during a very hot summer day. They had all the advantages of being in a mall, many different food ,dining and shopping experiences and wonderful rides. I typically avoid malls on family vacations, but this one is not to be missed.

2  Thank Amymd2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been to Nick Universe several times over the years since it changed from Camp Snoopy. The Nickelodeon Theme run strong and a lot of the rides were merely whitewashed from the old Snoopy theme. However, it is still as fun as ever and appears to be growing.

My children and I all have fun at Nick Universe and there are rides for everyone. Most recently, we went during Easter week, but got there early. You must get there early and get rides in before the big crowds show up. We love the Fairly Odd Coaster, the Pepsi Coaster, the Log Flume, and many many other rides. Though I love Disney and Walt Disney World, you have to love Nick Universe from the point of view that you can get off one ride and almost immediately walk onto another or get into another line. The way this is arranged in the middle of the Mall of America gives you the chance to stop riding a bit and go grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants, our favorite being Johnny Rockets.

The price of the tickets are not so bad if you plan to hang around all day. Plus, if you are a DoD employee, show your CAC card and you can receive a $10 an all day ride ticket. Quite a good deal.

My advice to you is come early and enjoy the all of the rides you will be able to do between 10 and 12. Then if you have to wait in longer lines the rest of the day, it really doesn't matter so much.

1  Thank TNDisneynut