“Neat to see once.”

Mall of America
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Bloomington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mall of America(R) is one of the top tourist destinations in the country! The Mall welcomes more than 40 million visitors a year from across the country and around the world to enjoy over 520 retail and specialty stores including Nordstrom and Macy's. Experience unique dining and entertainment at over 50 restaurants plus enjoy leading attractions like the nation's largest indoor theme park, Nickelodeon Universe(R) indoor theme park, SEA LIFE(R) Aquarium, LEGO(R), A.C.E.S. Flight Simulator, Moose Mountain Adventure Golf and more! By hosting more than 400 events each year, the Mall has become the place where fans can meet and greet their favorite celebrities or take part in interactive, one-of-a-kind events.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to MOA in mid-March on a Tuesday and Wednesday. The mall was nice and quiet, I was expecting it to be crowded, but this was not the case. There weren't even line ups at the amusement park rides (which were tons of fun). Its a really neat place to visit with lots to see and do, but i actually found the shopping to be a little disappointing. My teenage son found lots to buy at Aero Postale, the Nike Store, and American Eagle but I didn't really find much that I wanted to purchase for myself - and I love to shop! We saw plenty of teens and young people with loads of shopping bags, maybe this mall is geared more toward them. Strangely, this mall does not seem to host a pharmacy nor a sporting equipment store. At least we couldn't find any. I am happy I visited this mall, but don't feel I need to return. Not for the shopping, anyway.

1  Thank freezing1
There are newer reviews for Mall of America

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Thought that the mall was outdated. To our surprise, it's actually quite refreshing, complete, and very relaxing.

1  Thank Don L
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The mall covers 10 acres and is four floors. There are approximately 40 million visitors per year. There is an aquarium, amusement park and mall hubs such as Macy*s and Nordstrom. On my way to the mall, which was only a five-minute walk from my hotel, I wondered, even with large corporate headquarters, where do the dollars come from to support all of those stores, restaurants and attractions. But when I entered the mall, on a Wednesday night, and it was packed, it was clear there are enough shoppers to go around. There were visitors from all over the country and abroad, as I heard several different languages being spoken. In many ways, the MOA is not unlike any mall in the country. But as you begin to walk, it becomes apparent this is no ordinary shopping center. The sheer size is enough to warrant rentals of Segways. Comfortable shoes or sneakers are a must. It would not be easy or possible to see everything in one visit. It's like the Louvre in Paris. You need to pick out what you want to see and focus on that. If you have children, the amusement park is pretty awesome. I was prepared to see little rides, that weren't too impressive but I was way off. Between the flume and different coasters, there's enough for every level of theme park enthusiast. Although I only briefly visited the aquarium, the most impressive feature is a 300 foot long (92m) underground glass tunnel that gives the visitor incredible views of marine life up close and personal, including sharks. Certified divers can swim with the sharks if they arrange it prior to visiting. The movie theater boasts fourteen screens and shows a blend of major motion pictures and independent films. I counted twenty restaurants including a Hooters, American Girl Cafe, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and a Famous Dave's BBQ. In addition, there are two sushi restaurants. So even for a man from the big city of New York, with larger than life everything, the impressive nature of the Mall of America was not overstated. If visiting Minnesota, it should be near the top of the list of things to see.

4  Thank Curtis P
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love to shop and yes I shopped away!! I found plenty to buy ;) I will return again and stay longer next time ;)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Give in to your consumer urges and go hog wild at the Mall of America. This place provides a welcome break from the cold and gives you space to roam in the winter. If you have kids this place has the most enjoyable amusement park. Go during the weekday and you have it to yourself-even better go on Toddler Tuesday where it's half price .The Rain Forest cafe is also thoroughly entertaining, my toddler thinks the monkeys are real. Bored but low on cash-no problem go look around and take the kids to Best Buy and Microsoft to play the newest video games for free. Oh, and don't forget to play Lego's for free at the amazing Lego-Land. You can also benefit freely, get yourself a makeover, browse books at Barnes and Noble, go power walking or check out whatever free entertainment is in the rotunda. If you want to shop everything is there. If you just want an escape it's all there too.

1  Thank MInneapolisKA