“Mall of America”

Mall of America
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Bloomington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mall of America(R) is one of the top tourist destinations in the country! The Mall welcomes more than 40 million visitors a year from across the country and around the world to enjoy over 520 retail and specialty stores including Nordstrom and Macy's. Experience unique dining and entertainment at over 50 restaurants plus enjoy leading attractions like the nation's largest indoor theme park, Nickelodeon Universe(R) indoor theme park, SEA LIFE(R) Aquarium, LEGO(R), A.C.E.S. Flight Simulator, Moose Mountain Adventure Golf and more! By hosting more than 400 events each year, the Mall has become the place where fans can meet and greet their favorite celebrities or take part in interactive, one-of-a-kind events.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We flew out to Minneapolis on an overnight trip just to check out Mall of America to see if my friend and I would bring our kids back. This place is great for everyone! Something for everybody to enjoy: kids get to do the AWESOME amusement park right in the center of the mall while Dads watch (there are grown up rides as well :) and Moms shop!! Grandparents can enjoy walking because there are lots of floors to cover - 3 to be exact and you'll never tire of looking at the many different stores. So whether you are a serious shopper or just window-shopping, this place is it! When you get tired of walking, partake in the many restaurants on the third floor where you have views of the rides. We are definitely coming back!!!

2  Thank Mary Rose H
Write a ReviewReviews (4,757)
All reviews
in 150 reviews
"sea life"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are nearby or passing through, go if you have rhe time. The amusement area isolate amazing and is a great bargain with reasonable prices. My wife and I, both in our fifties, paid $5.99 and did the ropes course the morning before our flight. Loved it eventhough I am afraid of heights. Did everything but the tightrope, even the plank. Plenty of restaurants and stores. Good people watching. I avoid malls, but this was worth seeing. Take a picture of where you parked your car. Makes it much easier to find at the end of the day.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We found a Groupon to visit the Amazing Mirror Maze, which my soon-to-be 11 yr old son thought would be great for a birthday party. It was very interesting, but 10-11yr old boys can find their way out in 10 minutes. I would recommend this attraction as an "add-on" if you are at the MOA already, especially if you have a coupon for half price, but wouldn't drive all the way there for this attraction alone. We made an evening of it by having dinner at Famous Daves (one sampler platter and feast platter easily fed 6 boys, 1 teen and 2 parents with food to bring home). You can go through the maze as many times as you like: IF you keep your plastic gloves on. As soon as you remove them, you are done with the attraction. However, they do stamp your hand if you wish to return later in the day for $2.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Minnesota last December and just rode the light rail and wasn't aware that it runs to Mall of America... Right when we walked in we were just so amazed at how nice, huge well palacious this mall is! rollercoaster, movie theaters awesome clothing stores oh and yeahhh bars!! freakin lots of bars on the 5th floor boy did we have a great time it massively exceeded our expectations :)))) oh and also I forgot to mention they have really spacious lockers so if you're coming from the airport you can store a 4 ft tall luggage in one of their lockers how amazing is that ??? :))))

1  Thank travelwithmyhunny