“Worth a Visit at Mall of America”
Review of Mall of America

Mall of America
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Bloomington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Mall of America(R) is one of the top tourist destinations in the country! The Mall welcomes more than 40 million visitors a year from across the country and around the world to enjoy over 520 retail and specialty stores including Nordstrom and Macy's. Experience unique dining and entertainment at over 50 restaurants plus enjoy leading attractions like the nation's largest indoor theme park, Nickelodeon Universe(R) indoor theme park, SEA LIFE(R) Aquarium, LEGO(R), A.C.E.S. Flight Simulator, Moose Mountain Adventure Golf and more! By hosting more than 400 events each year, the Mall has become the place where fans can meet and greet their favorite celebrities or take part in interactive, one-of-a-kind events.
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We experienced Nickelodeon Universe (formerly Camp Snoopy) at the Mall of America for the first time with our 4 year old little girl and had a very fun experience. We highly recommend purchasing the Mall of America coupon book for savings to the amusement park.

Nickelodeon Universe seemed to be less crowded after 7 pm and they have rides for ALL ages. We especially liked when they took pictures coming down on the logging water ride--those are the best.

The Mall of America is okay as far as shopping but the highlight of our trip last week was definitely the logging water roller coaster at Nickelodeon Universe.

We also liked staying at the Comfort Inn near the Mall of America. Our first stay at a Comfort Inn and we recommend it. Not expensive.

3  Thank Connie J
Write a ReviewReviews (4,703)

Reviewed January 23, 2008

The mall does not have strollers for rent for children under 2
years of age. This was a HUGE inconvience for me and my niece
who is 3 months old. We flew in from Ohio with just an infant car seat. We thought we would rent a stroller at the mall, just like we do in any mall. I was surprised that the largest mall in America
does not have a stroller option for infants.

26  Thank jmohio
Reviewed January 16, 2008

I've never been much into malls and shopping, but I decided to go to the mall anyway. I'm definately glad I did and got to see it. Was truly amazing everything that was in there. But if you aren't much of a shopper or don't have kids, it's honestly not all that much different from being at any other mall (well for me). I ended up getting bored and still had about half it to see, but decided to leave anyway.

4  Thank Pens4821
Reviewed November 5, 2007

We visited the Mall of America for the first time this past Saturday and Sunday with our two kids, ages 11 and 7. We had a great time. Between the rides, the stores, Legoland, the movie theater, the restaurants and the mini-golf park there was definately something for everyone and we were glad we had two days to get to it all. We had a blast and hope to return again.

6  Thank midwestmommy
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I visited the Mall Columbus Day weekend 2007. While it was a holiday weekend, because of the size of the Mall, it didn't feel it was overly crowded. Every store that is in your mall at home is here under one roof. If you were to walk the circumference of a level, it would equal a mile. Wear comfortable shoes! You can download a map of the Mall too to plan your strategy if you have limited time.

You will not find anything that is on a super-sale here, pretty much the same pricing at home. But with the Aquarium, theme park, mini-golf and some many restaurants, you can do much more than shop.

Locals told me that the Mall is planning an expansion. Not sure what else you can add, but it's going to happen.

7  Thank lakeflyer