“Expensive Dinners”

Bloomington ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bloomington ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 229 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 494 and France Ave. South
Reviewed March 5, 2012

It is a very nice place but to me the meal costs are way to high for what one gets. To me they are over the top on what they are charging

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I ordered a medium rare steak and I received a burnt piece of leather. This place sucks. They did no even ask me how it was. Garbage. McDonald's is better that this trash.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The best part of the evening out was the bottle of wine selected. Moderately priced unlike the ensuing dinner. Soup and a salad was my wife's selection for dinner. My selection was the scallops. We had an appetizer that was well done and enjoyable. The food we had was good, no complaints. The soup was clam chowder but lacked clams but had lots of potato, carrots and taste. The salad was tomato and mozzerella with balsamic vinegar. Again very good and big enough to share. My entree of scallops was good but through my own ignorance, all was ala carte. It was served with no sides, veggies, or potatoes. Just five naked scallops, nicely sauced on a dinner plate for $32.

The restaurant clearly caters to the business travel expense account. Nothing exceptional about the decor and not a memorable occasion that would draw us back.

Again, I emphasis the food was good but costly.

1  Thank duluthharold
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We had the breakfast buffet. Mediocre at best. Bland, uninteresting and un-remarkable.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I recently was staying at the Bloomington, MN Hampton Inn on business, and since they don't have a restaurant, and the adjacent restaurants are a Denny's and a sports bar, I decided to walk across the street to the Hilton hotel, to check out their restaurant. The Chophouse, which has a separate entrance from the hotel lobby, has a great ambience, the service was very good, and although a bit expensive, the food was great. I'd recommend it for a special occasion, but not for every day business travel.