Best Western Plus Blaine at the National Sports Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rhode Island
“Great location”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in a king double suite. Two king size beds(one in a separate room), a sleep sofa, microwave and mini fridge. Overall, it was a nice place. About 40 minutes from Mall of America.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here last night. I arrived after my daughter checked in and picked up a key at reception. They gave me the key to another guest's room, which I was able to enter. Went back down and got the correct key. This is not a quiet place. I could quite a few things from the hallway quite clearly, and as our room was near the elevator, anytime the door opened you could hear the distinct "ping" of the elevator as it was closing doors to go to another floor. Guests walking upstairs, either in the rooms directly above us or in the hallway, could be heard. Guests talking in the hallway outside our room could be heard distinctly. Once things settled down, you could hear the nearby highway (65, a busy one). Did not sleep well at all. Breakfast in the morning was so-so. There was enough of the basics: cereal, juice, yogurt, muffins, etc. Scrambled eggs were predictable. Very surprised that they served gravy and biscuits. This is Minnesota, and we don't generally eat this as standard northern fare. They do have a couple of waffle makers, so nice hot waffles were a good surprise.

The plusses: excellent coffee. Very nice reception staff. But this is not a top-notch hotel. If I had to, I could spend another night here. But since we live nearby, I won't make the mistake of staying here when I can go home.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the top floor and well away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed here with our kids for a weekend baseball tourney. This hotel turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. We rented a suite which had a king bed, pull out and a separate rooom with bunk beds. Very large room and quite well appointed for the money. Everything about this hotel is updated nicely. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was very good. The pool area is way above average. Large rec room for the kids. Workout facilities. Location is great with lots of restaraunts nereby.

The only minor negative is that they need to pay closer attention to cleaning under beds and around furniture. However, I will stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road for a quiet stay. The bunk bed suites are huge.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SkiCrazyMN
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here for a wedding. Reservations went well, check in went well, all people more than helpful. My room was beautiful, clean and large. Decor very lovely. Place was quiet and I was directly across from an elevator...but still didn't hear any noises. Breakfast was more than enough. They served standard cold cereal and fruit but also regular and blueberry made-to-order waffle machine, scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. I would not hesitate staying here again as the place was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
ND
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I made a reservation for my nephews wedding in June. Found out we couldnt be there. Called to cancel the reservation. The gal took my reservation number- didnt not cross reference that to my name. She was ready to hang up when I said hey- do you have that under my name? and gave her my name- I thought what if I had quoted a number wrong? I would have cancelled someone elses number- why is she not cross referencing this? I then asked for my cancellation number in which she hung up the phone.. What kind of customer service is this? RUDE RUDE RUDE!! I have a ton of family staying in the area and will I tell them how rude the customer service this hotel has and will I recommend a different place. of course!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tammyjo_05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton

Been to Best Western Plus Blaine at the National Sports Center? Share your experiences!