“Management was Unprofessional and Unresponsive”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Big Lake
Blaine, Minnesota
“Management was Unprofessional and Unresponsive”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We booked last New Years Eve for a overnight stay at this hotel. We booked online and had a written, confirmed reservation. Upon check in the manager refused to honor the cost quoted on the confirmed reservation. Telling us there must have been a mistake in their compute system and they never would have allowed it to rent so low for New Years Eve.
We paid more then everyone in our party. We had three other couples renting the same time. We tried to resolve this after the New Year by asking the General Manager, Judy Balin for the owners name and address, she has refused to provide any information or
resolution. PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE If you have any issues
I assure you it will never be resolved. I could go on about the rest of the problems with the rooms and hotel but I'm sure the management of that hotel does not care.
It was simply Horrible all around and Shame on them for not caring about the customer

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank mzshine
ptrdanno, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
I would like to apologize for your experience at the hotel a year ago. The previous owners are no longer in business. The hotel has re-opened in November of 2010 after the building was aquired. While there are limits to what we can do to resolve issues that came about from the previous ownership and management, please feel free to give me a call as I would like to see if there is something I can offer you as a gesture of good will.

Dan
763.262.7666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Albertville, Minnesota
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Booked a room for a wedding, cancelled a week in advance and was still charged $90 for the room. I have called 3 times trying to resolve this issue, each time I am told a manager will call me back. Still haven't heard from them. Very unprofessional staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank A0123

Travelers are raving about these Big Lake hotels

Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We had nice people that checked us in on Friday and a good nights sleep. Saturday night was a different story. There was fighting and yelling in the hotel late night and it
kept us awaqke.,no one anwered desk phone and can't reach the manager althugh we
have called several times.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Becker, Minnesota
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This Inn is a high class hotel. HDTVs, granite counter tops, fridge and microwave, and the most comfortable beds ( I actually enjoyed their beds more than my own).
My Husband and I decided to book our wedding with this Hotel and everything was just awesome! We were able to come and check out the rooms and pick and chose all of the rooms we wanted blocked off! They gave everyone in our party an additional room rate discount on top of the already discounted price! So everyone was happy! They were very cool with all of us coming in at different times and the peopl working were very friendly. They really made my wedding experience easy! I didn't have to deal with anything they took care of it all! I didn't hear a complaint from anyone, not even the in-laws :D I high recommend this hotel, especially for that special day!

• Stayed July 2010
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
#1 of 3 in Monticello
Hampton Inn & Suites Rogers

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!