“The absolute worst place I ever stayed!!!!!!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Big Lake
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I really cant say a good thing about this place. We stayed 2 nights one in the king jacuzzi room and let me tell you it was not a king room it was the smallest room in the hotel I think. The water presure was the lowest I have ever seen any place. The managment was less than perfect. They overcharged me and I had to fight to get the bill adjusted. My brother who got married and was suposed to stay there got screwed out of his free room. The management was rude,and nowhere near people friendly. I would never recomend this hotel to anyone even if I didnt like them. The end to a great wedding night was followed by a nightmare hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and you will be a lot happier
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeffrey S
ptrdanno, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

This review and the previous one were written from a wedding party that was at the hotel this last weekend. The hotel policy for wedding groups over the last two years has been that when a wedding party has ten(10) paid rooms, the bride and groom receive the couple's suite for free. Additionally, we give the bride and groom the couple's suite at $50 off the RACK rate and charge them a standard group rate regardless of how many rooms are booked and paid for if they fail to meet the minimum ten rooms required for a free stay.

This particular group had only seven rooms paid for, yet as a group, demanded that the bride and groom be given a room for free room. We informed them of the original agreement and again they demanded the room or said they would go online and write bad reviews about our hotel. They have apparently followed through with their threat.

I encourage people to come visit our hotel and rooms. In a recent surprise inspection by the state of Minnesota Health Dept, the inspector commented that our hotel rooms were the nicest and cleanest rooms he has seen in his territory. He covers Sherburne county.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This night was suppose to be one of my brothers best nights in his life. what happened was the hotel was suppose to give the bride and groom my younger brother the king jacuzzi room for free if he got ten people from the wedding party to rent a room well they ended up renting the room to my older brother but he gave it up so they could stay in the room and we where under the impression that there room was going to be free because my brother switched rooms and there was more than 10 from the wedding party that rented rooms as a matter of fact somebody else from the wedding party tried to get a room and they said they where overbooked.well after the wedding my brother came to the hotel and they wanted to charge him 89 dollars because he didn't have 15 people from the wedding rent rooms so he just went back to his house well that dont make any sense because it was overbooked. So if you are a wedding party and are planning on the bride and groom getting a free room well dont count on it. also we had four people in our room and asked to get four towels and they would not give us four. the water pressure was really bad and took forever to rinse yourself off. also dont expect much light because our room had many lights burnt out and not replaced.

Room Tip: there probably is none.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank johnny s
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We booked last New Years Eve for a overnight stay at this hotel. We booked online and had a written, confirmed reservation. Upon check in the manager refused to honor the cost quoted on the confirmed reservation. Telling us there must have been a mistake in their compute system and they never would have allowed it to rent so low for New Years Eve.
We paid more then everyone in our party. We had three other couples renting the same time. We tried to resolve this after the New Year by asking the General Manager, Judy Balin for the owners name and address, she has refused to provide any information or
resolution. PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE If you have any issues
I assure you it will never be resolved. I could go on about the rest of the problems with the rooms and hotel but I'm sure the management of that hotel does not care.
It was simply Horrible all around and Shame on them for not caring about the customer

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank mzshine
ptrdanno, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

I would like to apologize for your experience at the hotel a year ago. The previous owners are no longer in business. The hotel has re-opened in November of 2010 after the building was aquired. While there are limits to what we can do to resolve issues that came about from the previous ownership and management, please feel free to give me a call as I would like to see if there is something I can offer you as a gesture of good will.

Dan
763.262.7666

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Booked a room for a wedding, cancelled a week in advance and was still charged $90 for the room. I have called 3 times trying to resolve this issue, each time I am told a manager will call me back. Still haven't heard from them. Very unprofessional staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank A0123
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We had nice people that checked us in on Friday and a good nights sleep. Saturday night was a different story. There was fighting and yelling in the hotel late night and it
kept us awaqke.,no one anwered desk phone and can't reach the manager althugh we
have called several times.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This Inn is a high class hotel. HDTVs, granite counter tops, fridge and microwave, and the most comfortable beds ( I actually enjoyed their beds more than my own).
My Husband and I decided to book our wedding with this Hotel and everything was just awesome! We were able to come and check out the rooms and pick and chose all of the rooms we wanted blocked off! They gave everyone in our party an additional room rate discount on top of the already discounted price! So everyone was happy! They were very cool with all of us coming in at different times and the peopl working were very friendly. They really made my wedding experience easy! I didn't have to deal with anything they took care of it all! I didn't hear a complaint from anyone, not even the in-laws :D I high recommend this hotel, especially for that special day!

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
0 mi away
No photo provided

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!