“Do not give these people your hard-earned money!”
Review of Benson Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Benson
Benson Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Benson
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Do not give these people your hard-earned money!”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

The staff was extremely rude to deal with. Did not clean our room. Overcharged us for our animals to stay in the room as to what we were quoted and then berated us for bringing our animals when it is an "animal-friendly" hotel. We were told that if there was even an animal hair left in the room we would be charged the full deposit amount. I have an animal, like I wouldn't have dog hair on my clothes. I would never, ever stay here again. When we stayed here back in 2009, the experience wasn't that bad so we decided to give them another try. The only thing in 2009 was when I had the do not disturb sign on the door and the cleaning man decided to come in the room anyways when I was in there sleeping because, "there were no cars in the parking lot." That was a bit scary for a woman sleeping alone. Now with this culmination of events, I will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone! And I just called back to inquire about dog fees and they said they no longer accept dogs and rudely hung up on me each time I called back. The audacity of these people is astounding! I don't know how they are in business.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kiverson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Burnsville
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Called and spoke with a guy around 4pm, quoted us a double bed room for 2 people at $50. Arrived at the hotel around 6pm, and were told that there was no way we could have been told a double room was only $50, that the room was $68.50.

For another $20 a night, save yourself the headache, and go stay at the VERY nice Country Inn and Suites just down the road. WELL worth the extra few dollars, and you don't have to deal with the obnoxious front desk guy who was not nice to deal with AT ALL!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Hutchinson
Reviewed May 27, 2009

My husband and I, our adult daughter and her two children ages 14 and 3 stayed one night. No complaints about the room or the facilities. We had a bad experience with a styrofoam cup filled with hot water from the dispenser in the breakfast area. Our daughter was making her 3-year old son instant oatmeal after late swimming. He grabbed the cup, thinking it was oatmeal, and it quickly tipped over his entire chest. Because of the large area affected we were advised to bring him in to the local hospital's E.R. He received $120 ointment, Children's Tylenol, non-stick pads and a wrap to keep them on. It was traumatic for all of us, but mostly for him.

The hotel's management said the water was 120 degrees, but our grandson's skin was blistered with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. There was no First Aid help of any kind available at the desk. So far their response is, "It's not our fault". We are consulting with a lawyer and understand that every business in our state must carry Premise Liability, a minimum of $5000 medical coverage.

None of us slept well and when I finally did fall asleep a loudly blowing train whistle woke me up at 4:30 a.m. I decided to just call it a night and get up!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2007

This hotel was clean and nice - but the general manager was obnoxious and rude; claimed we cancelled our reservation - when we said we did not - he screamed at us. He carried on for at least 30 minutes, ranting and raving - telling us to take our business elsewhere - claiming he'd give us a room, chastising us for being aggressive, when in fact, he was agressive to the point of being psychotic.

We decided to check out the next day, but he would not refund my credit card, again ranting and raving. He went so far as to call me in my room and tell me to "shut up" when I said I wanted a credit to my card.

My husband is a licensed clinical psychologist. He wouldn't let me near this person again as he was convinced he has a severe mental illness. After several calls to the hotel owner, we did get a credit - but we were fearful and upset - and certainly have never had this kind of experience purchasing a hotel room or any other service in our lives. Stay away from the Benson Inn.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — The general manager was seriously mentally disturbed
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank citizenxtrish

Been to Benson Inn? Share your experiences!