“Great discovery...Americinn”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while preparing for a bicycle trip. It was a gamble as we have never stayed at this chain before. The entire staff was very gracious helping us become familiar with the area. If they didn't know the answer, they found out. Our room was beautiful. It looked like it was new or renovated. The continental breakfast was more than the usual. We will definitely stay in this chain again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerBemidji_MN, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Biking is a growing activity in the Bemidji area. You can bike around Lake Bemidji on a 26 mile trail or make your way from Bemidji to Brainerd on the Paul Bunyan trail. I'm glad you picked Bemidji to visit this beautiful time of year.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Americinn in Bemidji many times on business. I have had a wonderful stay everytime. The pool and hottub are great after a long day and he rooms are always clean. I would recommend this hotel if you are ever staying in Bemidji for business or vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBemidji_MN, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for making the AmericInn of Bemidji your home away from home. We like to greet our regular guests with a warm cookie from Perkins as you arrive on weekdays. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I thought the rooms were nice. My daughter who is 9 did not like the pool. When she entered the pool area their was a smell that she did not like. I also smelled it but it wasn't terrible. The pool water was clear but their was some dirt floating on top & they were skimming it off when my husband and kids walked in. My kids didn't swim real long. There was also a lot of sand on the bottom of the hot tub. I was not real impressed with the breakfast. It looked like they had sausages but they never refilled it. We were there on a Monday morning so it was not busy. They didn't seem to keep real good tabs on how the breakfast food was doing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerBemidji_MN, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while you visited Bemidji. I apologize for sand in our spa. We were in the process of replacing a broken part in our sand filter and our spa is now sand free. I'm sorry for the lack of attendance during your breakfast. I will be sure to pass this information along to staff so we can prevent this during future stays with us. We take pride in our breakfast and offer a large variety of breakfast items to fit most everyone's taste.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have absolutely nothing but good to say about my 5 night stay! The staff was exceptionally kind and helpful and my room was clean and had all of the comforts of "home away from home". It was so quiet and I loved my pool/hot tub time.
Two thumbs up Bemidji AmericInn!

1  Thank KristiL800
ManagerBemidji_MN, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

A good night's rest is what we all know gets us through the next day. The AmericInn of Bemidji is built with sound guard construction so all the walls between our rooms are made of concrete. Our staff works hard to make your stay an enjoyable one. Thanks for your vote of confidence and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Don't confuse the high ratings received by this property for it being a 3-diamond hotel. Yes, the staff was very nice and the warm cookie upon check-in and the availability of free chips and salsa made for a nice welcome. The room itself was of nice size and included a microwave and small fridge. Furnishings and bed were adequate. Quiet it was not. The room overlooked the parking lot, which was shared with the Perkins next door. In addition to traffic noise from the busy street serving the bustling commerical area, it seems young people like to test out their loud stereos in the parking lot behind Perkins. The room's door also wasn't thick/heavy enough to block noise from the hallway. I usually like to drown out noise by running the fan on the heating/cooling unit, but the hotel doesn't provide that option. Instead I had to turn the unit to a very "cool" setting. Doing so turned the unit on and off at regular intervals, which in itself was a disturbance. I really couldn't win so didn't sleep overly well. Also, fast checkout isn't offered so be sure to add time to check out if you're someone who usually takes advantage of that option at other hotels. If you're looking for a clean, welcoming hotel at a decent price this Americinn should suit your needs. If you're accustomed to higher-end properties you're likely to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the Perkins restaurant. That might help limit outside noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, we appreciate your review and apologize for the noise you experienced in our parking lot. Thanks for commenting on our updated rooms with microwaves and refrigerators. We do offer a guest reception on Monday - Thursday nights which includes fresh baked cookies from Perkins and chips and salsa. Our goal is to make you feel welcome at your home away from home.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've stayed at this particular AmericInn twice in the last two months, and found it again very comfortable and clean. Front desk staff are always friendly, and the beds very comfortable. It was quiet and located in a convenient area. The bathroom was so clean it looked like the tub and tile had just been installed because it was so gleaming white! I had a king sized bed and a sitting area and office area in my room. I will definitely stay here again as I travel frequently across the state for work.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nice because you don't have to worry about any noise from above.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBemidji_MN, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed our updated rooms and could relax in our comfy chair/ottoman. We look forward to seeing familiar faces. Whether you travel for business or leisure we are located close to many things to see and do in the Bemidji area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm a huge fan of AmericInns. The ones I've stayed at have always been clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, and have friendly folks working there. This one is no different. My room was perfect, a great bed, one of the nicest, functional and bright bathrooms I've seen in a while with a great non-slip tub and perfect shower and towels twice as thick as a lot of other hotels have. The bed and pillows were both perfect as was the TV with tons of channels. The wireless was super fast and never cut out on me which is nice because I always work in my hotel rooms.

The breakfast could be one of the best ever. Other than maybe a Hampton Inn (which would cost $25-50% more than this one) it had one of the best selections and quality of breakfast items that I've seen in a long time. They had my preference in eggs, hardboiled, and also scrambled eggs and sausage, waffles, packets of Quaker oatmeal, all kinds of juices and great coffee with different creamers, all sorts of Bigelow teas, cereals, breads, pastries from Perkins (!) and the list goes on and on. The seating areas were super nice, too, with a separate room and also the main lobby area with a big fireplace and outdoorsy décor. It's a great hotel, I'll stay here every time I'm in Bemidji.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBemidji_MN, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thanks for noticing! The Americinn of Bemidji has been working hard to give you the best possible experience. Summer has arrived and we are ready to meet all the tourists that visit our area. We appreciate all comments so we know whether we are doing our job or not. Can't wait for you to stop in again next time you are in Bemidji.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
23 mi away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji? Share your experiences!