“Americinn Bemidji MN”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Minnesota, Usa
“Americinn Bemidji MN”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Many places to eat nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for one night, room was clean and very comfortable. Returned home and realized I left a plastic suction-cup bathroom hook in the shower (to hang my kids swimming suits up). So I called them to see if they had found it. After explaining the item and telling them I would pay them COD to send it to me (I live in another state), the manager went to see if it was still in the room or located by the cleaning crew. Unfortunately it was gone. The manager apologized and that was that. Today I received a package from them with the same bath hook. The manager went above and beyond to satisfy my stay. I was pleased with them all ready and this just shows me how professional and wonderful the manager and this establishment really is. For me and my family, AmericInn in Bemidji is the best place to stay in Bemidji and just wished other places could be a bit more like them!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beantraveler5
, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I believe it's the little things that seperate us from the competition. I am glad I was able to deliver your lost item back to you and instill your trust in us. Thank you for staying with us at the AmericInn of Bemidji and we hope to see you back soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have traveled around the US many times, but had never heard of this motel chain and thought that with the cheesy name they would be just another budget chain.

I was first impressed with their website and the ease of making a booking.

When I arrived at the property it was new-ish, plenty of parking, and large lobby with a breakfast area and indoor pool. The reception staff were pleasant and efficient, and the room was exactly what I had asked for.

The wifi was effective (which cannot be said for every place on this trip ) the room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was generous and overall I was greatly impressed, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for giving us a try! AmericInn is a midwest chain based in Chanhassen Minnesota. They are in the process of expanding into other states with new and exciting versions of the hotels. AmericInn is enforcing their upgraded standards to make your visits more enjoyable and dependable. Please give us a try wherever you may be traveling. AmericInn of Bemidji looks forward to seeing you again soon.
Delta, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days while visiting family. The Americinn Bemidji was very clean, our room was serviced everyday and done very well. Every staff member we came into contact with was very pleasant and helpful. We will for sure stay there again.
Thanks AmericInn Lodge and Suites Bemidji for a great stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to be your guest room while visiting family in Bemidji. I am so glad we gave you the experience you were looking for. We are always striving to improve on our customer service and it appears we met your expectations. Thanks for trusting in us!
Minnesota
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The front desk was very helpful when I checked in. The room was clean and very comfortable. I got a good night's sleep and was on my way early the next morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Another satisfied guest! I am glad we were able to meet all your needs while staying in Bemidji. THANKS!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent one week here with my son attending Concordia Language Village day camp while other child did CLV overnight camp. It was an ideal arrangement. 20 min commute to CLV, clean and comfortable rooms, good pool, good breakfast, excellent wifi access, microwave and fridge. Easy access to Itasca State Park and the headwaters of the Mississippi. Even though you're surrounded by chain food restaurants at this hotel, it's definitely worth a trip into downtown Bemidji to check out the local cafes--best lemon meringue pie ever at Raphael's bakery and cafe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Bemidji and while your son went to day camp at Concordia Language Villages. Concordia is a gem hidden in the woods of northern Minnesota. We have quite a few families stay here and explore Itasca State Park, visit Paul and Babe, bike the many paved bike trails and participate in many of the lake activites in the area. We love to visit and learn from others too while they vacation with us. Please come again!!
Duluth, MN
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the AmericInn in Bemidji while in the area visiting friends of our family who renewed their wedding vows. When making reservations a couple months ago, a few places in Bemidji were already full for the weekend we stayed. Of the ones that were not, the previous solid reviews on Trip Advisor gave the AmericInn the edge even though it is a bit more expensive than what we usually like to spend on lodging. However, as is often the case, if you're spending more you expect more...and the AmericInn passed the test with flying colors!

We arrived just after 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. We were greeted promptly. Check-in was quick, and the front desk attendant was friendly and conversational. I had seen that the motel had recently been remodeled and updated, and our room was in outstanding condition. All furnishings were of quality that is definitely steps up from economy lodging, and being recently remodeled everything was in like-new condition. The bed was comfortable, not too soft, and not too firm. The air conditioning took a little tweaking to get to an ideal temperature, but once we found it the unit worked well. Despite being a weekend and numerous families with young children, the noise level was very low and especially after 10:00 p.m. when the pool area closed to children.

The free breakfast in the morning included a wide selection including a waffle maker, hot sausage and scrambled eggs, cereal, baked goods, and much more. It was the best motel breakfast selection I've had since I stayed at the Clarion Inn (which has since been torn down) in Bloomington, Illinois a few years back. There is a room with seating for about 20, and there is considerable overflow space out in the expanded lobby off the front desk area.

The only things I can think of for improvements are things not in the control of the motel but are worth mentioning for prospective guests. My wife's milk at breakfast was very sour; we think she just ended up with a bad carton as we saw many other guests having the milk and apparently theirs was fine. We certainly give benefit of the doubt to the motel on this. A minor inconvenience was that you cannot make a left turn out of the motel's parking lot onto Paul Bunyan Drive (Minnesota Highway 197); the road is a divided highway and there is no opening in the median here to turn left. We ended up having to turn right and then turn left at the stoplight about a block away and loop through the nearby mall's parking lot back to westbound Paul Bunyan Drive. If we didn't have a few places to go on the trip west of town, it wouldn't have been noticeable, but be prepared for this if you stay. None of these, however, are enough to dissuade anyone from considering this motel.

The Bemidji AmericInn helped restore my trust in this chain after a not-so-pleasant experience at another one in their chain years ago. It's easy for one bad experience to sour one's opinion and harder to restore that trust, but this place did it! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Bemidji is a popular fishing destination in the summer and fills up early for weekends. Don't c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jahoduluth
Thank you for your comments. We at the AmericInn of Bemidji have worked hard to bring our hotel up to date with newly remodeled rooms and by adding more selections to our breakfast menu. AmericInn as a brand is striving to make improvements and bring all its hotels to a level that meets the guests needs. We are built with the sound guard construction that provides a quieter night's sleep. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Bemidji.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Quality Inn Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#8 of 10 in Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck
Holiday Inn Express Bemidji

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji? Share your experiences!