“Great rooms”

Quality Inn Bemidji
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great staff! Clean rooms! Great place to stay! We stayed over 90 Choice hotel properties of year and this is one of the cleanest rooms that we've ever stayed in. If ever come back to the Bemidji Minnesota we will definitely stay at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and Accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a similar room in Arden Hills MN for almost $30 less. I think all lodging in this area is expensivee, though.
This hotel also charges your card 15% extra for "incidentals," crediting the charge later. I find this a very odd policy.
The woman at the front desk also managed the breakfast area. She seemed sad. She did not welcome or greet me and did not tell us about the breakfast hours when we checked in. I was told where to sign and initial the slip and how to get to the room. I saw her smile once, when I turned in my keys.
Room was clean. Closet door doesn't close right due to being hung on an angle.
The view from our room was trees (nice) and to the left, a junk area with old toilets and a mattress - very odd.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank richie1732
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were visiting family and needed a place to stay for just one night and we chose the Quality Inn because it is part of the Choice Hotel chain. The hotel was right next to the airport but we didn't experience any airport noise. It was a non-smoking hotel which was nice. Our room was clean and I appreciated having the sink included in the bathroom - not on the outside... much easier to get ready in the morning. Checking in was painless and they actually provided our invoice under the door during the night - so checking out was easy. I thought the price was a bit high for the brand but I did notice that they were sold out both the night we arrived and the next night. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators - if you have bad knees like I do you might want to request a main floor room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kozikreation
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was fine--clean and comfortable. But the staff was outstanding. She was proud of her town and general area and spent time showing us the best places to find restaurants and local color, including where to put our feet in the headwaters of the Mississippi! The breakfast was just a standard OK motel breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Booked a queen suite. Arrived hotel seemed ok. Then spent 20 minutes and excessive shoe leather trying to get onto Wifi. To cut a long sad story short didn't work in our room. Asked to be moved to one where it did. No suites where it works. Time to vote with my feet. I'm totally fed up with hotels who can't deliver and Choice hotels seem to have a serious quality problem.

Manager bleats it's not his fault and there's "nothing he can do" about the problems. Yet he pays a company to deliver this crap solution and he admits it has problems. Don't think he really understands the concepts of management.

Got my money back. Manager asked me to please not put anything bad on Choice Hotel survey. When I told him I was not going to lie for him, nor would I lie on Tripadvisor he got really stroppy and un-professional.

Anyway he's done us a favour as we went to the Hampton Inn. Wifi works, lovely hotel and great staff. So after 10 years of loyalty to Choice Hotels it looks like we may be voting with our feet and swapping to a different chain. If you're listening Mr Choice, in my opinion you have a serious quality control problem - 70 to 80% of the 11 hotels we've stayed in over the past 8 weeks have had problems of some sort on arrival. Wifi features strongly. When will hoteliers treat wifi like any other utility such as electricity and water. Can you imagine having these wifi problems when you try and turn a light on.

Goodbye.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TonyandWendy12
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Bemidji - great location to staying a few nights - close to airport The staff was great -.. very clean hote .lService was great, room was wonderful, very clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good and the coffe was super.The bed was very comfortable and I got a very good nights sleep .thank you very much to our staff

Room Tip: all rooms was wonderful, very clean
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. I visit Bemidji very often for work and I always stay at the Quality Inn. Great location. Rooms and lobby are always very clean. Hotel is very modern and quite. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfest is fresh, pool area is clean and inviting. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The junior suites are great for business travilers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business