“Old Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Minnesota
“Old Hotel”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This seemed very old. It was fairly clean but other than that not much to say. 1/2 of the hot tub jets didn't work. The breakfast was cold, even the coffee. No microwave to heat it up. Probably wouldn't stay here again since there seemed to be alot better choices in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gutzyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Benicia, California
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Bemidji. It's the best Quality Inn I have ever stayed at. The service and rooms were excellent. Great staff, too!! I highly recommend staying there for your next business trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Anwargigi
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have stayed here when on business and now that I am retired I still like to go here. The rooms are always clean, spacious and you do not hear the airport next door at all. There is a hot breakfast in the morning composed of eggs, sausage, and hash browns, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, and assorted breads are available also. Rates are reasonable too. This had been a Comfort Inn before they went to Quality Inn 3 years ago.

Room Tip: If you have any limitations, ask for a ground floor room. I have been in several different rooms on...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bigbobr
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My company does work in the area a few times a year so my husband and I called around to get the best rate. My husband spoke to the manager Kevin who at first was very helpful letting my husband and I check in at 5 am as we had been driving for 16 he's straight. We were given a good rte of 55 + tax because we had gotten our group of 7 rooms to agree to stay there checking in later that day. My husband and I had our vehicle broken into a few days prior so all we had was cash. I paid for 4 nights up front. Wesley a few hours when the manager called me to the front desk to inform me that since I had no credit card for him to put a $250.00 hold on, even though my stay cost only $220.00 , that I would have to leave. I had to wake my husband up, pack all our things I had just unpacked and find another hotel. Our group would have stayed there anyway if the manager KEVIN hasent proceeded to harass me in the 20 min it took me to pack. I explained to him that because of his behavior he would be losing our companies business to which he replied it was a favor for him to give me those rooms. I got the feeling he was going to charge my card if I did not fill the amount of rooms promised. I am in a hotel 3 wks out of every month some pretty trashy but I have never been treated so poorly by a manager. This man should NOT be allowed to interact with the public much less manage a hospitality based business. We moved to the Best Western where we were given the same rate and were treated extremely well at check in.

• Stayed February 2012
7 Thank KatyPerk

Travelers are raving about these Bemidji hotels

Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The room was very clean with very comfortable beds. There was a small desk and mini fridge in our room, which was nice to have. The bedding were down (alternative?) comforters, which were quite cozy. The inclusive continental breakfast had the usual juice, toast, yogurt and fruit, but also offered hot items including sausage, eggs and hash browns. I would definitely stay at the Quality Inn again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank MexiMeli
Winnipeg
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Absolutely horrible managment at this motel. We paid cash as soon as we checked in and had them take the hold off of our debit card, we had to stay there with a hockey team so we didn't have a choice to stay at this run down building. As soon as I check my bank balance they charged us $110 anyway! As I called to tell them to take it off as I can prove we paid cash the manager "Kevin" said we were a no show and he wouldn't reverse the charges!! We endured 2 nights at that filthy place and after I told him again to reverse it he said "Fine, but you remember I'm doing you a favor and having these times here is a privelidge for you." Unbelievable!! On top of that, he hung up on me! Most unprofessional and rude staff I've ever had, I will make sure to tell people to NEVER stay at this filthy place ever!!

Room Tip: Nothing is good...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 323travelsalot323
Duluth, MN
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We planned on staying at the Quality Inn in January. Their cancelation policy stated we needed to give 24 hrs notice. On the day of our departure we ended up getting several inches of snow and ice. We decided to not make our trip. I called the morning of our stay fully expecting to not be able to cancel without penalty. Instead I spoke to an extremely helpful clerk who took care of our cancelation without any problems. Even though we didnt get a chance to stay at the hotel we would definitely go back just based on the customer service.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank deepbluetraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck
Super 8 Bemidji MN
Super 8 Bemidji MN
#6 of 10 in Bemidji

Been to Quality Inn Bemidji? Share your experiences!