“Great for business”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Great for business”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband stays here on business. He talks about how great they are to him every time he is there. It's great for a few nights and the price is right!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank livelaughmoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel is right by the airport however planes are very rare and I haven't noticed one yet. The rooms are very nice and large as they have recently been refurbished. The beds are comfy and easy to sleep on. The rooms have a fridge, coffee machine and a microwave. The hotel has a nice pool and jacuzzi and has a laundrette for customer use. The breakfast was very nice however there was never enough of it (which shows how good it was!). The only slight problem we had was that the reception staff we're not very helpful, we had to call internationally but they were unsure how to do this. Overall this was a very good stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank JizleWright
somewhere over the rainbow
Reviewed March 3, 2011

The hotel was recently updated but done very poorly. It was like they didn't finish anything. The door to the room needed to be replaced, as it didn't shut very well. The room was small, and had too much furniture in it, the desk was un-usable in the location they had it.
Trying to get to the hotel, if you aren't familiar with Bemidji is tricky... you have to drive through another parking lot to get there, or you can take a back road that goes along the airport runway, but it could be confusing if you've never been there.
I waited forever to be checked in because the woman at the desk was on the phone and I think she was the only one there. When I went down there another time, I waited and waited for someone to come to the desk but had to leave because there wasn't anyone around. My phone didn't work so I couldn't do a quick check-out (they make you call the front desk to do a quick check-out), so I had to go to the front desk again, and again waited forever.
The biggest complaint I had was that I was unable to control the temperature in the room. There was a wall unit and I got up numerous times during the night to adjust it.
Also, there were stray cats running around the back of the hotel in the parking lot, and it was about -10 degrees. I told the front desk (after waiting and waiting) and the clerk said "I thought we took care of that". So apparently they have a cat problem.
This hotel was way too much money for what you get. It's probably a $55 per night value that you pay about $100 for. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank princesschloe
winnipeg
Reviewed February 8, 2011

If you are travelling with a sports team, avoid this place at all costs!!!! Secondly, we had a very bad experience with one of the managers which I will get into further down, but I feel I must address any positive reviews I read of this hotel. I truely feel that they must have been made by someone who works there. Bad experience with the manager aside, this is not a nice hotel. My first impression driving up to the hotel was that it hasnt been updated since the 70's. This impression was confirmed as soon as I walked in the doors. However, a group of us were staying there for a hockey tournament so I was not too concerned with the decor. The breakfast was truely horrible, so bad that most of our group didnt eat there the second day, and for those who did, they had to wait as they put out as little food at a time as possible. The rooms were small, however the beds were comfortable. For the price we paid ($130) it was completely overpriced. This hotel is a $60 a night hotel at the most. The problem started and ended with ONE of the incredibly rude and unprofessional hotel managers. All interaction with this manager was extremely rude, so much so that it completely ruined the weekend because thats all the parents were discussing. I would not stay at this hotel again if they offered it for free. This manager made a comment on how he was doing us a favour by letting us stay there (as mentioned in a previous review), next time I wish he did us a bigger favour and recommended a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank hkynite

Travelers are raving about these Bemidji hotels

minnesota
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This was the worst stay in a hotel I've ever had. I was there for basketball tournaments and there was a full house. I had requested a late check out due to our game schedule and was denied. Upon getting ready to go in the morning I was unable to shower as there was no hot water. The breakfast was ok except the service was very poor as they failed to keep up with the demand. The pool is way to small for a hotel with a guest capacity of this size. I was upset and requested something be done due to the inconveniences. I was credited a measly 30 dollars plus tax. so for $73.00 we got a place to sleep and breakfast (if we were quick enough to get any when it was brought out). I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tjbk_2006
Grafton, ND
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We stayed here only one night (thankfully), and will never again. The previous night we stayed at the Bemidji Hampton at $150.00 with tax, and this place cost 100.00 with tax. Now 150.00/night is getting too spendy, but seeing this place left me cursing myself for being a "tightwad" This place is yet another hotel trap where a decades old motel/hotel is abandoned by the original chain and the new owners think a few new coats of paint can justify $100.00 plus a night. The only compliment that I can give this place is the secluded, nicely wooded location only minutes from town. Here goes the cons---the place has not been remodeled since the Carter administration, the pool is not only tiny, but also the temperature of a margarita, Sunday morning at 8:00 am, I exited our room to collide with a maid's cart that was partially obstructing our door. I am convinced that this was a not so subtle hint to pack up and get going. Also the continental breakfast was infuriating, the hotel was only about 15% full, and there was only a small amount of scrambled eggs offered. I passed on them when I noticed a couple of guys enter the dining room and felt they would appreciate them more than me. I monitored it for the next hour, and finally they were replenished right before the "breakfast" shut down. Unacceptable, especially with so few guests. If you want to run a second rate, decrepid hotel, as least slash your rates.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NDfarmgirl
cloquet mn
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed at the Quality Inn with my husband and kids when we were in town for a hockey tournament. The whole team also stayed there.
When we went to check in they wanted a credit or check card. I gave them my check card but explained that there wasn't enough money on it to cover my 2 day stay. They swiped my card and said they needed the information on file. They required a $200 deposit which we gave to them and said we could pay the bill when we checked out.
Everything was fine until the next day when the general manager stopped us when we were walking by and said he wanted us to pay our $245 room bill. My husband explained that we had already paid the deposit which just about covered our room bill and the general manager said that was fine, but could we just pay the rest of our bill by the end of the day. My husband then went to the front desk and paid the remainder of the bill. After we got home I checked my account balance online and they had deducted money from my account so I called to ask if there were extra charges and why there was money deducted from my account and the general manager said it was on hold because they authorized part of the bill when the lady at check in swiped my card. I told him that I did not know they would do that and I had paid a deposit. I told him that not everyone has a credit card and he said that most hotels require a credit card. I told him that that is not true- I stay in hotels/motels often and we have never needed a credit card.
He then seemed to get annoyed by me and said that he did me a favor by letting me stay there. Do not stay here unless you are desperate because at the Quality Inn, they think they are doing you a favor by lettting you stay there. And if you are paying cash, after they accept your payment, they will also deduct it from your card to "hold" for a "week or so".

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jodiwatley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck
Super 8 Bemidji MN
Super 8 Bemidji MN
#6 of 10 in Bemidji

Been to Quality Inn Bemidji? Share your experiences!