“Dirty pool”

Best Western Bemidji Inn
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My son and friend used the pool, and reported to me that it was dirty. I checked it out the morning that we left, and there was clearly lots of dirt collected in the corners of the pool, as well as bugs and hair floating on the surface. Nasty. The pillows in the room were nice, the temperature of the room was HOT! Also we passed the entrance to the hotel and had to go another ten miles or so round trip, it is poorly marked. I certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from any other guests, the slamming of the doors all night long as well as hearin...
1  Thank lawmama
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Bemidji Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you expeienced during your stay with us. I would like to clarify that what you thought was dirt in the corners of the pool was actually sand as we use a sand filter system and it will sometimes settle in the corners. I do hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations! Please also keep in mind that our front desk is staffed 24hrs a day and if anything needs attention, please let them know right away and they will see that any problem is taken care of immediately.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Made me feel welcome right away check in went fast. Happy to have a fridge and microwave in the room to keep my snacks fresh:-) pool was clean and warm n hot tub not too hot. Not so much chlorine so my eyes didn't burn 4ever after I was done swimming. I was able to pass the time on their computer for free.best of all its next to super buffet my bro's favorite place to eat:-)

Room Tip: Ask for monica:-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I am so happy to hear how welcoming our staff was upon your arrival. This is so important to us! Thank you for posting your detailed review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a great time when visiting family in Bemidji and the Best Western was great! Friendly staff (always very helpful)! Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, which was nice for a change. They serve soup, too!!!, espically nice in cold weather! Overall best experience I have had at a hotel in a long time! Thanks to all!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return! Yes! The soup is on Monday-Thursday from 5-7pm and it is hot and delicious!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

What a great experience! Staff was over the top welcoming and helpful! Very clean and comfortable. Room was great! Fridge/micro, roomy and homey. Wonderful experience and definite return visit in store! If you are staying in Bemidji overnight, the Best Western is a wonderful option!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Bemidji Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review! Come back soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The only reason I would not give this 5/5 is the fact that I hate hotels where you must drag your suitcase up a flight of stairs...and dirty stairs at that. This is not the fanciest place, but I have to say, as far as the room goes, everything was great! Super clean, comfy bed, amazing sheets and pillows, plenty of fluffy towels, perfect! As a light sleeper, I was in love with the bathroom fan, which gave me nice white noise all night long (didn't even hear the kids staying in the room across the hall)! So that made it even better! The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. The continental breakfast was great, with pastries, oatmeal and cereal choices, waffle stations, fruit, and more. This was perfect for just a quick overnight stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review! So happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back and visit us again as we continue to make upgrades to the property.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little on the small side. I was only in town for one night however the hotel was more than adequate and the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Bemidji Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you consider returning to Bemidji to spend a little time simply enjoying some of the wonderful activities our area has to offer - during any season!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I just recently stayed here over the Christmas Holidays. All I can really say is I wasn't pleased with the hotel at all. First of all, the pillows suck big time! Then when I went down to ask for couple more, couple meanin mre then one, the lady hands me one and is on her way. I wasn't too pleased. The room temperature gauge wouldn't go down, so it was like 75 degrees in the room th whole time, which sucked! That was way to hott.
The bathroom pretty much left me pissed off. That bathroom is so small, you have no room what so ever to even turn around in that bathroom!
Also, walls are like paper thin, this place was much too loud.
They need some quiet hours, I heard so many kids running up and down the hall and slamming doors. This was suppose to be a relaxing trip for me. I was hoping to maybe sit in the hot tub, the one time I even got to there was children running around splashing in the ot tub and everything, there should be times when no childern even with adult supervision should be allowed in the pool.
I'll just say I really didn't get what I paid for. Won't waste my time again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Bemidji Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfying experience. First of all, we have ordered new pillows. In reference to the room temperature issue, we really wish we would have been told about this during your stay as we would have had our maintenance engineer look at it immediately. I would also like to clarify that we do have quiet hours after 10pm each night and the pool area is strictly adults only from 10pm-12am. Our front desk staff is available 24hrs a day to be made aware of any issue you are experiencing. I hope that you will consider staying with us again during a future visit to Bemidji.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck
Super 8 Bemidji MN
Super 8 Bemidji MN
#6 of 10 in Bemidji

Been to Best Western Bemidji Inn? Share your experiences!