“nice, but”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Reviewed February 18, 2009

nice hotel but difficult to find staff. supposed to include breakfast but it didn't. not much to pick from in location, but they should do way better for what they charge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji

Reviewed November 11, 2008

By far this is the best hotel to stay at in Bemidji, but the service and rooms could be better. The view from this hotel is amazing and the access to the hotel docks in the summer is great, but the upkeep of the hotel needs to change. The employees are nice, but nothing spectacular, the rooms are good, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2008

This was part of a room block for a wedding in the area. Several times the bride called the hotel because guests who inquired were told that the block was full, but it was not. A nice property, including the flat screen tv's in the rooms. Big windows and a good sized bathroom. Bed was enormous and confortable.

Unfortunatly, when I went to check out, I asked at the front desk for my Hilton number so it could be added to the stay and they couldn't find it. She claimed that it must have expired, but it was just issued in June. This was disappointing, but the overall stay here was pleasant and I wouldn't hesitate to return when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband and I along with our two small children vacationed in the Bemidji area and because of the reviews I read here we decided to stay there. Our lodging was for 3 nights, mid-week. The reservation we had was for a queen suite, lakeside. Our room had one queen bed and another bedroom separated by a door. Both rooms had a TV with many channels. 3rd floor so a spectacular view of the lake. Lakeside was a smidge more expensive but totally worth it.

The kitchen area (sink, small fridge, microwave, coffee pot) and the bathroom both had granite counters. And the beds were very, very comfortable.

We were next to the guest laundry room which I wasn't sure about at first but we never heard a peep. And I know the machines were running because I used them myself.

There is a continental breakfast which provides a good variety of both warm and cold breakfast foods. And the coffee pots are always full all day and night. Both the dining areas and the lobby have lakeside views. You could even go sit out on the beach if you wanted your morning coffee out there.

The rooms, lobby, grounds, dining area were always very tidy and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. AND the whole place is smoke free.

If I were in the area again I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2008

my wife and i were on the fifth day off a cross country car trip from cape cod and were overwhelmed by this hampton inn....it was by far the nicest we have ever stayed in!!

beautiful decor...large lobby ...great views...absolutely the bargain of a five week trip!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Stayed here at Easter with extended family. It's a wonderful hotel with free breakfast, a pool area for the kids, free internet, outdoor hot tub which is really fun when it's snowing.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2008

I was taking my kids to camp and needed a place to bunk the night prior to drop off. I wasn't expecting much, just a nice clean hotel. I booked the Hampton Inn knowing they run a nice moderate hotel. Boy, was I surprised! This bordered on a resort.
They have a massive lobby with windows that look out over the lake. There is a feel of a north woods cabin.
I had a lovely room with a million dollar view over the lake. I can't tell how I enjoyed watching the sunset over the lake from this room.
The hotel is clean and well maintained with a friendly cleaning staff. The front desk is young and helpful and always had a welcoming smile.
There is a nice Green Mill Pizza in the hotel and it's great to sit outdoors during a warm summer month and watch the lake.
My kids are going back to camp this summer and I can't wait to get back for a few nights at the Hampton Inn Bemidji. This was surely one of those happy, unexpected moments of having your expectations far exceeded.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Quality Inn Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#8 of 10 in Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji? Share your experiences!