“Best in Bemidji, but could be better”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Minneapolis
“Best in Bemidji, but could be better”
Reviewed November 11, 2008

By far this is the best hotel to stay at in Bemidji, but the service and rooms could be better. The view from this hotel is amazing and the access to the hotel docks in the summer is great, but the upkeep of the hotel needs to change. The employees are nice, but nothing spectacular, the rooms are good, but nothing to write home about.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 4, 2008

This was part of a room block for a wedding in the area. Several times the bride called the hotel because guests who inquired were told that the block was full, but it was not. A nice property, including the flat screen tv's in the rooms. Big windows and a good sized bathroom. Bed was enormous and confortable.

Unfortunatly, when I went to check out, I asked at the front desk for my Hilton number so it could be added to the stay and they couldn't find it. She claimed that it must have expired, but it was just issued in June. This was disappointing, but the overall stay here was pleasant and I wouldn't hesitate to return when in the area.

• Liked — lakeside views
  • Disliked — front desk staff was not particularly helpful or welcoming
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Fargo ND
Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband and I along with our two small children vacationed in the Bemidji area and because of the reviews I read here we decided to stay there. Our lodging was for 3 nights, mid-week. The reservation we had was for a queen suite, lakeside. Our room had one queen bed and another bedroom separated by a door. Both rooms had a TV with many channels. 3rd floor so a spectacular view of the lake. Lakeside was a smidge more expensive but totally worth it.

The kitchen area (sink, small fridge, microwave, coffee pot) and the bathroom both had granite counters. And the beds were very, very comfortable.

We were next to the guest laundry room which I wasn't sure about at first but we never heard a peep. And I know the machines were running because I used them myself.

There is a continental breakfast which provides a good variety of both warm and cold breakfast foods. And the coffee pots are always full all day and night. Both the dining areas and the lobby have lakeside views. You could even go sit out on the beach if you wanted your morning coffee out there.

The rooms, lobby, grounds, dining area were always very tidy and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. AND the whole place is smoke free.

If I were in the area again I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
cape cod
Reviewed July 10, 2008

my wife and i were on the fifth day off a cross country car trip from cape cod and were overwhelmed by this hampton inn....it was by far the nicest we have ever stayed in!!

beautiful decor...large lobby ...great views...absolutely the bargain of a five week trip!!

• Liked — decor and view
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Stayed here at Easter with extended family. It's a wonderful hotel with free breakfast, a pool area for the kids, free internet, outdoor hot tub which is really fun when it's snowing.

• Liked — comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — hard to get an extended check-out
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2008

I was taking my kids to camp and needed a place to bunk the night prior to drop off. I wasn't expecting much, just a nice clean hotel. I booked the Hampton Inn knowing they run a nice moderate hotel. Boy, was I surprised! This bordered on a resort.
They have a massive lobby with windows that look out over the lake. There is a feel of a north woods cabin.
I had a lovely room with a million dollar view over the lake. I can't tell how I enjoyed watching the sunset over the lake from this room.
The hotel is clean and well maintained with a friendly cleaning staff. The front desk is young and helpful and always had a welcoming smile.
There is a nice Green Mill Pizza in the hotel and it's great to sit outdoors during a warm summer month and watch the lake.
My kids are going back to camp this summer and I can't wait to get back for a few nights at the Hampton Inn Bemidji. This was surely one of those happy, unexpected moments of having your expectations far exceeded.

• Liked — The view of the lake from the lobby and room. The feel of being in the Minnesota woods, nicely mantained.
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
South Dakota
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Came into Bemidji on a very busy weekend as this was the only room left in the whole town. WOW were my family and I impressed and surprised with this hotel!! Right on the beach!! You can swim in the lake or in the pool-which by the way is amazing, especially the kiddie pool! They also offer an indoor/outdoor hot tub which is fantastic to sit in watching the sunrise! Kayak's and paddle boats are available. The Green Mill was extremely tasty!! Wonderful food, service, and all around experience! They have an outdoor patio to dine as well as "Boat side to go" if you are in a boat you can simply pull up and they will bring your food out to you! I think I enjoyed myself more than my kids!! They loved the pool! I loved the room with the lake view! Can't say enough about this hotel-the breakfast was great, everything was amazing like a dream-we had a blast!!! Highly recommend!

• Liked — The comfy beds, great view, clean room, awesome pool/ beach, just the whole experience!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family