“Amazing service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The staff was always more than willing to help and very attentive and friendly. Upon checking out , the staff handed me my purse I had unknowingly left in the lobby restroom and said "I'm so sorry we opened your wallet to find out whose purse it was". Apology totally accepted, I owe them my life!! The hotel rooms were also incredibly spacious and I'd recommend requesting a lake view room.

Room Tip: Lake view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your response! I am so glad our staff was able to return your purse!! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is an awesome hotel to stay at. The location is beautiful and the staff are extremely nice. Small town feel with great personality. Great connecting restaurant. Yes, a chain, but reliable and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your resoponse! We look forward to your next stay with us!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've stayed a couple of times at this hotel in Bemdiji and it's been great each time. large comfortable rooms, many with a lake view across Lake Bemidji. Convenient to downtown, BSU and the Sanford Center is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Pool, sauna and indoor/outdoor jacuzzi are nice. Breakfast is good. Free internet. Plus whole facility is very clean and Green Mill Restaurant is very good. Honestly, it's one of the best places I've stayed in northern MN because it is clean, comfortable, and convenient.

Room Tip: If available, the lake view rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your stay and provide feedback! We apprecaite it!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My daughter is graduating from Bemidji State's School of Nursing. There is a Pinning Ceremony on May 9 and Graduation on May 10th. I had made my reservation months ago at the Hampton in order to ensure that I would have a room to be able to see my daughter graduate, recently my daughter forwarded an e-mail she received from the School of Nursing regarding hotels that Bemidji State had arranged "blocks of rooms" with local hotels for families to stay at reduced rates..Holiday Inn Express $89 plus tax, Hampton Inn $104 plus tax, Best Western $72 plus tax.
I called the Hampton Inn because I wanted to get my rate reduced from $150 per night to $104.00. The receptionist told me that there were no rooms left in the block therefore I could not get the reduced rate. I then asked to speak to the manager. He came on the phone and he told me that he did have a block of rooms for the school of nursing but there was no reduced rate of $104.00. He informed me that all persons that were booked in the block of rooms for the school of nursing were paying full price.
I am wondering why the Hampton would be willing to block rooms for these graduates families, and charge double what other hotels are charging? Is it because there is no where else to stay in Bemidji so you are not honoring your reduced rate?
I guess I will see you May 9 and 10, unless I can get into another hotel (I am on their waiting list).
Kristine B

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I do apologize for the miscommunication regarding the room rates/room block. When the block was set, we did not offer a discount as we were nearly full. I do hope that you did enjoy your stay with us, and I hope you will consider us again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Unforunatley we had to check out 3 hours after we checked in due to a family emergency. The staff was very helpful and did not charge us for the 3 hours we were there. We were able to swim in our short time there and the pool area is great. My son loved the kid area in the swimming pool. Great staff and great hotel. We will be coming to stay in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review!! We look forward to your next visit, and hopefully you are able to stay overnight next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times for business over the years. This has been my go to hotel in Bemidji. With a recent restaurant expansion, meeting rooms upgrade, expanded breakfast and some redecorating, this hotel is even better than before. My past review of this hotel was positive. You will not be disappointed. From the staff, to your room, to the restaurant and the continental breakfast, it's all very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kayla W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bemidji, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our property! Also, thank you so much for being a loyal guest. We truly appreciate our return visitors. This is the year of change, improvements and building guest loyalty, and we are still updating and trying new ideas for our guests. I know you, and all of our other guests will be very excited to see what we have in store!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Unfortunately, my judgement of perfection in a hotel comes down to the quality of sleep I get over anything and everything else. I always turn on some type of fan (from bathroom, air unit, etc). for some white noise when sleeping. SO the only reason this is not 100% perfect is the very weak, quiet fan in the bathroom (which would actually be a plus for normal sleepers!). Other than that, the front desk male staff member on 2/22/13 was hilarious, professional, and efficient. The room was spotless, the sheets smelled great and were fluffy, luxurious, and just the right amount of warmth, and the bathroom amenities and toiletries were perfect! The price was a bit steep; however, if this was to account for the fact that there is great parking, a yummy restaurant you can walk down the hallway to, and the AWESOME hot tub which flowed from inside to out, then the price is right on! The entire pool area was great and well-cared for, and we saw towels restocked twice. The free breakfast was delish, with waffle-making stations, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastries, sausage, eggs, and more. LOVELY!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your response! I looked back on our staff schedule and made sure that our Guest Service Agent that you were referring to read your review. Thank you again for staying with us! If at anytime, there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to call!