“Pretty Good”

Add it.
The PepperCorn Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Features a full menu with daily lunch and dinner specials. We specialize in fine steaks, in-house smoked ribs, great seafood, hearty pastas and incredible desserts.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Actually ate here a bit over three years ago, so I can only speak for my experience then. My road-tripping uncle and I stopped in Bemidji and I asked the front desk person at the hotel we were at where was the one place to eat if only in town for one night. She pointed us here. And while maybe not the "number 1, best meal I've ever had", it was a pretty solid meal. Food was good, service was good, value was good. I am of the opinion that I am willing to spend a little more if I think the portions and service are good. Based on my experience, this is one of those places. Could things have changed since I've been there? Sure. But I would definitely go there the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant has poorly prepared food. The baked potatoes must have been in the oven all day. Most items tasted like they had been reheated. The salad was mostly discoloured lettuce with a few fresh items on top. The prices are not cheap either!
I recommend you go elsewhere.

1  Thank Greyowl68
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Traveling through town and stopped for dinner. Staff was very friendly; the salad was fresh, bread was warm. We both had chicken which was juicy and we liked the flavoring. Baked potato and mashed potatoes were good. Would have been nice to have an additional vegetable on the plate. We will stop again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The PepperCorn used to be one of the best restaurants in Bemidji, but the last years have seen their food quality diminish spectacularly. I recently tried the hot turkey sandwich and it was one of the most tasteless and preprepared dishes I've ever had. Hopefully they can return to what they once were.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stopped here for "happy hour" in the past and the atmosphere was pleasant. We decided to stop for dinner and what a disappointment! It took a while to get waited on. It seems EVERYTHING on the menu is frozen and just deep-fried. Nothing made from scratch, to make it worse...it's VERY expensive for what you get. My husband ordered a "medium" burger. It, too, was just a frozen patty thrown on the grill and cooked to a hockey puck...for $10.50. I ended up just getting a "dinner salad" because I refuse to pay $15.00 for a frozen, breaded chicken breast sandwich. For $8.00 I got a small plate of wilted romaine with a few stale croutons with a side of Caesar dressing that tasted off. We will NEVER come here again for a meal. There are several great places to have a meal in Bemidji...this is definitely NOT one of them.

1  Thank GardenLady1234