“May Stay”
Review of Super 8 Bemidji MN

Super 8 Bemidji MN
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed in FAR better places than this for A LOT less. For as expensive as it was, I'd expect MUCH better accommodations. My room was below average and musty smelling. The bathroom was dirty. And while toting a baby, they had me go to a complete different and inconvenient building. TO WHICH they didn't even offer a crib. Yeah because carrying a baby and luggage to a complete different building by myself is easy.

The cable was constantly going out as was the internet service. I do business online and lost work when the power to the building mysteriously went out. When I talked to the front desk about it the following morning their response was ... "what do you want us to do about it, it happens not our fault". SERIOUSLY! That's your response? Granted you had no control over the situation, but better customer service might have been; " we're sorry for the inconvenience, perhaps a discount on this or your next stay ... or let me at least help you with your luggage while you carry your baby ... or can I get you a coffee...etc...

And their continental breakfast is a JOKE and WAY out of the way.
Next time I want to spend $85 a night on a hotel/ motel I'll stay at a Best Western. At least I know I'll be in the same building I pull up to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ken P, Manager at Super 8 Bemidji MN, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Super 8 of Bemidji.

During check out we asked you how your stay was and you did respond that you were not happy due to the fact the power went out from 1:30am to 3am, for that we do feel bad. There are some things that are out of our control, like the power going out to 25% of the city including two other hotels.
We have remolded and expanded our Breakfast lobby which is located in our main lobby. Super 8 mandates that we have 8 items on our breakfast including the signature Cinnamon Roll. We have also added fresh waffles and boiled eggs along with coffee, juice, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and more.
We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.
Minneapolis
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was nice and peaceful while clean. Breakfast was great! Love those waffles. I had made a mistake on the date while booking online and so the hotel was able to accomodate me and at a better price even. They told me it's always a better price to book direct with them so I'm passing on the info!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Ken P, Manager at Super 8 Bemidji MN, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Chandra,

Thank you for the nice comments and for taking the time to review our Hotel.

Your right, it is always better to book directly with the hotel, that way we can give you the best customer service that we can. Too many times, guest will book using other avenues and we are handcuffed with what we can do. Also, by booking direct with us, you can enroll with Wyndham rewards! This is a great way to earn points to use not only with future hotel stays, but you can use them to purchase items and gift cards from various vendors.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Thunder Bay
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had an excellent stay; helpful staff and friendly service. We have stayed there before and will again, when the opportunity comes. We had a problem in getting on the internet, but that may have been a problem with the connections, not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Ken P, Manager at Super 8 Bemidji MN, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Karl,

We always love it when our guest take the time to review our Hotel.

I hope the Rotary Conference was good and that you enjoyed your time in Bemidji.
Our staff enjoys their jobs and I believe it shows in the jobs they do. Making sure you have a great stay is their goal.
We are always trying our best to make sure everything about your stay is better than expected, for that I am sorry that the internet wasn't working the way it should. We will look into it and if there is anything we can change to make it better, we will.
We look forward to having you stay at the Bemidji Super 8 again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#8 of 10 in Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Super 8 Bemidji MN? Share your experiences!