Super 8 Bemidji MN
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Paradise Resort(Pennington)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanhard boiled eggswafflespark rapidswould stay here againconvenient locationdecent breakfastnight's sleepnice staybreakfast barpaul bunyanstaff was very friendlyitasca state parkgreat place to staymotelsuper8
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Super 8 over a fall weekend. We were in the building separate from the main building and office. Our second floor room was very nice, roomy and clean. The staff were very helpful in helping us with a roll-away bed (as well as a plunger!). The service was great and the breakfast was basic but good and fresh. (I, for one, always appreciate the presence of hard boiled eggs at breakfast.) The hotel is situated on the main shopping road so it's a short drive, not walk, to downtown or campus. There is a Target and Walmart very close and a wide variety of restaurants close also.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you're a distance student at BSU don't even HOPE for a reasonable discount. As a non-traditional student I need to travel 125 miles (one way) to get to my classes; oftentimes in treacherous ice and blizzard conditions. Because two of my classes are scheduled back-to-back, on Monday nights and Tuesday mornings, I needed to find a place to stay so as to avoid the unthinkable drive. Seeing that for the next 16-weeks I would be giving them what I felt was a reasonable sum ($45 to $50/night), and otherwise helping them to at least fill up their rooms, I thought that the Super 8 would be happy to accomodate me. NOT. When I first spoke to the manager of the place about a reduced rate he winced, telling me they normally don't even WANT students to stay at the place (as though it's some sort of five-star hotel -- judging from some of the other commentaries, however, it doesn't even come close). Then he told me he could "maybe" give me the same rate as they give to construction workers who stay there ($70 a night), but he would have to "take it up with the owner." Needless to say, several hours later - in the middle of one of the biggest snow storms of the season - the manager called me to tell me that the owner didn't feel it to be in his best interest to reduce his Monday rate for a distance college student, either. Fortunately, I was able to find a clean, friendly, and most of all, accommodating place, for $45 a night. The truth is, I've never felt compelled to stay at a Super 8 hotel; but I now know for certain that I never will.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Ken P, Owner at Super 8 Bemidji MN, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We are very sorry that we weren't able to accomodate your needs, but please be assured that we most certainly not only allow for, but definately encourage BSU students and other related University parties to stay with us. In our phone conversation with you we would certainly not say that we preferred to not take college students, but you had actually asked for a $40 rate, and that indeed is not enough to sustain a hotel, and we were honest with you in not being able to accept that rate. It is true that we brought up what we refer to as our "construction" rate (a rate that applies to anyone staying for extended periods of time), and it is actually a $64 rate. The next lowest rate we could have offered would be our hospital rate of $60, but that is more specifically used to help hospital patients and families defray hospital costs. Ken and I talked about discounting for you beyond that, but thought it would be a precedent we could not afford to start. Again we are sorry for your disappointment in us, but we certainly meant no disrespect, harm, or endangerment in our decision. The important part is that you did find a place to stay at a rate very close to what you were hoping for, and that you are taken care of.
Kevin, Owner

Reviewed December 24, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel is part of the large chain of Super 8 motels. It consists of three 2 storey units just off Hwy 2, but far enough from the road so as to guarantee a peaceful night of sleep. The rooms are large and well-kept. The beds are fine and the rooms are equiped with flat-screen TV sets as well as a small fridge and a microwave oven. Free continental breakfast is served but it's pretty limited (no eggs, no waffles,etc.). There is a restaurant on the premises and hotel customers get a 10% discount.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Ken P, General Manager at Super 8 Bemidji MN, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We are always trying our best to give you a clean comfortable room that you can relax in.
The Super 8 franchise mandates that we have 8 items on our breakfast bar, we have 9. This includes Hard boiled eggs and Waffles. Unfortunately we may have run out by the time you were there for breakfast.I do apologize that you didn't get what you were looking for. We generaly replenish the breakfast items within minutes of running out.
Again, thank you for your review as this helps us do our jobs better.