“good down home cooking”

Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Bemidji
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small hometown cafe in downtown Bemidji, MN. Fabulous food!
Northern Minnesota
“good down home cooking”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you like the feel of a church fellowship hall, then this is the place for you. They have enlarged their dining hall to accommodate the many folks who rave about their food and great service. Good for a quick working lunch.

Visited November 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Minnesota Nice sure is!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We visited Minnesota Nice Cafe in Bemidji in 2012 and our waitress enticed us to have some oatmeal cake. It was great and we anticipated having it again this year. It is a periodic item and they did not have it that day. When we expressed our disappointment to our waitress Caroline, she talked to the owner Jeanette and then told us to come back the next day and that 3 pieces would be waiting for us! It was just as good as we had remembered. The rest of the food was excellent and all the staff were great.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JTeamTravelors
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over Hyped”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ordered a single plate size pancake with toast, 2 scrambled eggs, and 2 slices of bacon. The bacon was good and crispy, the eggs were eggs, the toast was a nice thick cut whole wheat bread, and the pancake was the most bland unflavorful pancake I've ever had. Bisquick would have been better. The syrup was not sweet at all, not sure what they were using but it had no flavor to it at all. Had I not had the pancake I would have rated the place higher.

Visited September 2013
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Reminds me of going to Grandma Selma's Home”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have had both breakfast and lunch at this cafe. It is like going back in time to eating in my husbands Grandmother's Kitchen. The blueberry pancakes melt in your mouth. I had lunch of Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy served with a tasty salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions in a tasty homemade dressing. The waitress was friendly and told us the pie was going fast, would we like to have us set back a piece for later. We said definitely, and we glad we did after tasting the homemade fresh blueberry in the homemade crust. The atmosphere is definitely Minnesota Nice!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LakeWinnieNana
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in at noon. I had been parked outside while she was shopping and noticed all the people going in and out, so we decided to try it. We weren't disappointed! Even though they were busy the service was good. My wife had a club sandwich which was very thick with lots of meat, and I had the Paul Bunyan, a sandwich of lots of pulled pork, ham, cheese, mustard, and pickles on a toasted bun. Delicious! I could hardly eat it all. My only complaint was that the lemonade, which the waitress warned me was not "bottomless" like their other soft drinks because it was homemade, was very weak, I could hardly taste lemon in it. We'll be back the next time we're in Bemidji. And I had no problem using plastic.

Visited August 2013