“Nice place, decent food, cozy atmoshere”
Review of The Cattails Bar and Grill - CLOSED

The Cattails Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

While sightseeing in the Bemidji area, we drove past this restaurant every day. On most days the parking lot was rather full, so we opted to try it out. The decor was cottagy/lakeside. The sevice was pleasant, friendly and helpful. They offer everything from Steaks, to burgers/sandwiches. I had a ribeye steak, and my wife had a taco salad. Steak was cooked to order, tasted fine, but nothing too special. The wifes salad was very good, no complaints from her. Seems to cater to an older crowd, mostly cottagers, and small gettogthers. Overall we were satisfied, and wouldn't hesitate to revisit, or recommend.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were staying down the road at Ruttgers (ugh!) and spotted this lovely place just a stones throw away. The atmosphere was fantastic. The service wasn't good at all but they had just emptied out from a large party so we were inclined to let that go. But then the food came. The two steaks that were supposed to be medium were still cold in the middle. My pasta dish had four shrimp (of the 25 - 40 count size), even that wouldn't have been so bad but my linguine was actually hard from having sat out so long. The flavor was terrible to top it off. When we pointed out that the steaks were not done enough the waitress offered to have them nuked for us. But at this point we'd been made to wait so long that it was almost closing time. So we ate them as they were. The waitress was not at all apologetic for any of it and acted as though we were inconveniencing her. But if you're looking to drink in a wonderful atmosphere this is the place for you.

1  Thank Theonia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

wonderful food and service
go there twice per year on trips and it has always been very good
love the steaks and walleye
it can get crowded on a mid summer weekend nite, just like every place
and they cook everything perfectly so please dismiss those complaing of too long of a wait.
you should try it, we have always thought it was the best place near bemidji.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I should start by saying my husband makes a mean steak, I say this because Cattails is essentially a steak house. They have good steaks and pretty good food but for me, it's nothing earth shattering. If you want a warmer atmosphere, have some time and would like a pretty good steak/meal, this restaurant should deliver pretty well for you.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

good food/very expensive/took way to long/we had 3 grandkids with/
they were great/but no I'm sorry from manager or any one else

1  Thank shannon h