“Wonderful coffee shop”

Cabin Coffee House & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Bemidji
Cuisines: American
Description: The Cabin Coffee House & Cafe is Bemidji's premier coffee house. Serving Peace Coffee and fresh, made from scratch, baked goods, daily. The Cafe has a broad range of options sure to delight, and all the sandwiches are served on bread baked at our very own bakery. The 4 Hippie Chics & A Dutch Girl bakery, located in our Cabin Uptown location, makes all of our bread, cookies, muffins and other delicacies from scratch - no frozen dough here!
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I discovered Cabin Coffee while wandering around downtown Bemidji seeking WiFi. This place is much larger than the usual coffee shop, with plenty of room to spread out. Great coffee and assorted treats. I did not try any of the cafe items as I was there in the morning.The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Whenever I get through Bemidji, I'll stop here!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

In town for a long weekend, my friend and I went downtown for lunch and decided to eat at the Cabin Coffee House. We walked in, got in line, placed our orders and paid for our food. That's about when the good service stopped. Granted, the place was bustling. There were 6 staff members behind the counter, preparing food and drinks. Six of them! This is a pretty small coffeehouse, a place where I would only expect to ever see a max. of 3 or 4 people back there, even at full capacity. Unfortuntely, those six working weren't very efficient at what they did. We ordered two grilled cheese sandwiches and two drinks. It took them 45 minutes to prepare our food. It was chaotic back there, no one could keep track of orders. I finally went to the counter and complained to an older lady who looked like the owner/the person in charge. She offered a meek apology. There were others ahead of us who had been waiting even longer for their food. If a quick serve dining place takes over half an hour to prepare simple sandwiches and coffee drinks, you you at least comp your guests a free dessert for their time wasted! When we finally received the sandwiches, they were actually pretty tasty. They were served on cheap-looking plastic plates with colorful fish designs on them. Not much for ambience. A small handful of tortilla chips and a couple of carrot sticks accompanied the sandwiches. So, bottom line, if you enjoy waiting a long time for your food to arrive, then this is the place for you. If you'd like to eat while you're still hungry, go… no, RUN somewhere else!

Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stopped in for coffee on 7/6/2010 and were pleasantly surprised to find several people practicing with their stringed instruments for a upcoming blue grass event. The coffee was strong and hot, the music was good, and the menu board was extensive. It covered everything from sandwiches, main meals, deserts, coffee's, teas. We both had one of the daily specials for dinner (there were three) which was a combination of wild rice, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts. Good! Don't miss this place if you are ever in the area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Lot of fresh, healthy options in the lunch menu side. Couple of specialty coffees, like the Snickers, would make a moderately diabetic person to have a life-threatening shock though. Holds a good, maybe a touch too old-fashioned, rotating selection of local artists.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I went to this place for hot drinks twice during the weekend I was in Bemidji and thoroughly enjoyed it! The Polar Bear (white hot chocolate) was delicious! When I went on Saturday afternoon, there even was a live, acustic band playing.

I wish I could have eaten lunch there, as they had a wide variety of dishes including sandwiches, soups, hot dishes, baked goods, etc. The drinks were an average of $3, so in the range of Starbucks only a lot less chain and a more warm, homelike atmosphere (regular coffee was $1-3, depending on size). You could eat a wonderful meal for about $6-7.