“Convenient location, friendly staff, okay rooms”

HomeTown Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Belle Plaine
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
“Convenient location, friendly staff, okay rooms”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed here just one night for a quick "getaway" and to do some apple picking and sightseeing. The location is very convenient as it's right at Emma Krumbee's and was an easy drive down Highway 169. We found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming. Emma Krumbee's restaurant is right across the parking lot and the orchard is righ there too. The one real downside to our stay was the bed--it was an old mattress with no padding and felt like we were maybe sleeping on the box spring. The pool area was clean but the pool floors need to be refinished as the paint is chipping away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dugger, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I went to Belle Plaine in June of 2010. I took my whole family and rented out multiple rooms and stayed there for over a week. This is a VERY nice hotel with VERY nice staff. They went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. There was about ten of us that stayed there and four of those were kids ranging from 3 to 8. If I had questions about the area they made sure I knew where I was going b/c I had never been to the area before. My rooms were VERY clean and the bathrooms were not dirty by no means. There was plenty of things for the kids to do when we retired to the hotel for the night. They spent a great deal of time in the pool which was VERY clean and well cared for as well as spent a great deal of time in the game room playing video games and shooting pool.The rooms are well worth the price and I did a great deal of research on hotels before booking this one and their prices are very competitive and below the cost of many other large chain hotels. The rooms are very quiet and we all slept very well b/c unlike other hotels you do not hear all the noise in the hallways and the doors slamming. I plan to visit Belle Plaine again in the summer of 2011 and there is no doubt about where I will be making my hotel reservations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dugger, Indiana
Reviewed November 9, 2010

My family and i went on vacation in june for ten days and reserved two rooms at this inn. We are looking forward to returning again next spring. The two rooms were very clean and home like.We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The children thoroughly enjoyed the pool as the adults relaxed in the hot tub. If you are looking for a pleasant clean relaxing stay away from home i would reccomend the americinn of belle plaine and am looking forward to our return trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Keokuk, IA
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I stayed at the Americ Inn in Belle Plaine for an extended period. I thought it was a very nice hotel from first glance, but after a few days I noticed how dirty the toilet was and just kept watching to see if they ever cleaned it and they did not. Also the microwave was very dirty inside from food spilling from a previous guest. This was also never cleaned. The carpets were dirty. The manager was very rude when I asked her about Inn-Pressive rewards. She said that she had given me a good rate so I could not get the hotel rewards. My hotel rewards probably would have more than made up for the so called good rate she gave me. This is a nice looking hotel from the outside, but dirty and rude service inside. I would not reccommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Belle Plaine hotels

Superior WI
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Emma Krumbee's AmericInn is a newer hotel; the facility and surrounding area is lovely. What is not lovely, however, is the day manager and her attitude.

First of all, when I called to make reservations I inquired about a non-smoking room. I was told that all that was available was a double smoking room or a non-smoking king suite. I didn't ask what the price was for the suite (my mistake) and booked the double for $89.00. I then asked to have it noted on my reservation that I'd like a non-smoking if there is a cancellation. I was serious about the non-smoking. We checked in at 10pm and asked again about another room. We were told a king suite was the only non-smoking available. My husband joked, "So can we get a deal on it?" The clerk chuckled and said, "sorry". The clerk didn't offer to tell us the price and again we didn't ask (our fault). Our room stunk of smoke.

The next day my husband was at the front desk getting an extra key and the manager (who was manning the desk) was terribly rude to him, apparently annoyed that he needed another key. As he was standing there he spotted a flyer advertising a special on king suites...$99 which included a $10 gift certificate to the restaurant ...so really you're spending $89 for the room and buying your own $10 gift certificate. This is the same price we paid for our smelly room!! A half hour later my husband went back to the desk and told the manager that we'd like to switch to a king suite as part of this special. The manager's response was, "Well, I wish you would've said somthing this morning...now I have a dirty room that I can't fill". My husband's response was, "Well I wish someone would've told us about this special when we asked about a non-smoking room".

We did change, and the suite was nice, vaulted ceiling, fireplace, microwave and fridge. But the manager's rudeness was troublesome. I've worked front desk at a hotel and though I may have had rude thoughts, I would never have vocalized them. I also used to rent the suites at a discount when someone came in late at night and inquired about them. The staff had at least two opportunities to tell us about the special and didn't.

They have another on-going special (a "romance package") of a whirlpool suite for $119 which includes a $10 gift certificate to Emma Krumbee's restaurant and a $25 gift certificate to the OK Corral restaurant so be sure to ask about that. I'm willing to bet that if you book a suite without asking for the special, you get charged more than $119.

• Liked — The decor, breakfast and king suite
  • Disliked — The rude desk clerk
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia
Asteria Inn & Suites New Prague
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee

Been to HomeTown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!