See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We stayed for 2 nights for a family reunion.First we have stayed here twice and both times our family that lives in Belle Plaine Has been able to book a block of rooms for a very good price. We originally wanted a King Bed but none were available When we checked in we were surprised to find out that had been upgraded to a King suite which was way beyond our expectations Wonderful room bed was super comfortable and it was very clean. Enjoyed the pool area both nights went after 10 pm so no kids it was very relaxing.My only complaint was that since we stayed 2 nights on Saturday we must have had maid service twice to clean room 1st time just dirty towels picked up and 2 new towels no cleaning second time room was cleaned and restocked except bed could have at least been made Other then this I will always stay there when we have to.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Tina B, Front Office Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thanks so much for your stay! I am glad you were able to enjoy our pool and you found our beds comfortable. I am so sorry about the housekeeping experience, we will address it with housekeeping staff. We look forward to seeing you again in future.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Had to stay here for work, next time I won't go! Room so musty and damp smelling . I had to keep the fan/ac on more than usual to keep the odor covered. Time to replace thiose comforters. Refrigerator didn't work, told the front desk but they weren't too concerned.

Date of stay: June 2018
Tina B, Front Office Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

I apologize for your experience. I wish we could have known of the issue while you were here so we could switch rooms for you, and make your stay better. In future, please don't hesitate to let us know about the issue, so we can help you. Thanks for your understanding, and again we are really sorry for your experience.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We had an early flight so we decided to stay near the city for the night. The room seemed cramped and the beds weren't that comfortable. But the price was right. Our kids wanted to go swimming but I found the pool area dangerous. In the whole pool area there was only one light on off to the side. Of course we stayed with them to watch. And no towels--we used the ones from our room. The restaurant next door is great Emma Krumbee's. We have eaten there many times.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Nancy F

I am so sorry about the inconvenience at your stay with us. I am glad that you found our price to be reasonable and liked the food next door. I apologize for the no towels in pool, we give out towels at the front desk for pool use. Since, we allow visitors to come and swim at our pool, we don't put towels in the pool area. Thanks for the feedback about other issue, we will certainly look into improving. Thanks for your stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Nice & clean place. Our room was on back side away from highway so it was really quiet. It was quite a walk to the main lobby for breakfast. We didn't swim but the pool area looked nice. There's an awesome restaurant next door.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked our amenities. There are very few people that would write about good experiences, so I am very thankful for you to take out a time to do that. I hope to see you soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 27, 2017

I made reservations at the hotel when my family visited the Minnesota Renaissance Festival a month ago. Rates were by far the best in the area and the travel time between the festival and the hotel was reasonable (20 minutes). Reserved a room with two queen beds and a pull-out couch (have a 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter - separate beds are a plus!). The room had a sky light and was very spacious. I don't know about the size of the standard Queen rooms, but the extra $20 I paid for the pull-out couch was well worth it! I have to admit that after I reserved the room I went online and looked at the reviews and was tempted to cancel my reservation due to the negative feedback. I'm glad I didn't. I do agree that there is a distinct odor in the lobby, almost like well water. The room, however, did not smell like that and was very clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and my husband and I enjoyed sitting on the patio outside the pool. The restaurant next door was OK for supper and the apple orchard/store on the other side of the motel was fun to look through. Breakfast was fine. Kids made their waffles and the toast and muffins, cereal, and fruit were more than enough. If you want a huge breakfast, go out to a restaurant or make it yourself. I'm disappointed that people always have to find something negative to complain about. This motel is great for the price and convenience. It was an all around positive experience and we will stay there again if in the area.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Tina B, Front Office Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words Stephanie, we really appreciate it. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay here. I apologize for the lobby smell, we have a little pond area right next to the lobby, so once in a while we get some of that smell. However, most of our rooms are located at the side building, so never have in room complains. I am happy to hear that even though your room was very close to the lobby, you didn't have any smell in the room. I am happy that you took out the time to write detailed review, because just like you said the positive experience never get mentioned. Thanks again for the feedback and hope you give us another chance to serve you again soon.