“Was ok”

HomeTown Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Belle Plaine
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Suited my needs for the stay. Didn't have any fitness equipment. Had a nice pool. Had a bit of an issue with the maintenance though. The tub was moldy at the connection for the towel rail. Also found out the last night of my stay the door never closed completely. It sounded like it locked but when I pushed to check the door just opened. Thankfully no one stole anything while I was out but it was very disconcerting to find this out. Also they didn't bother to salt an entrance so when leaving the first morning I went for a tumble on the ice. Banged up my knee pretty badly. When I told the desk clerk he said "oh golly" and went to take care of it but really didn't care about me. Next time I'm in the area I'll be looking to see how other hotels fare. Final note the breakfast is very limited so if you don't want more than waffles, muffins or cereal, you're fine. If you want more variety and healthy choices, there is a Resturant close by.

Room Tip: Go for the side away from the highway. Nice view of an orchard saw well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had an 18 person quilt retreat for four days in Feb 2014 - with the new owners/managers Tina & Neil, it was fantastic! They granted every request we asked for. The upgrades to the hotel lobby, sewing room and sleeping rooms were very nicely done. Each sleeping room now has new mattresses (oh, so very comfy!), large flat screen TV's, fridges, microwaves & coffee makers. It was a very busy weekend for the hotel with our quilt retreat, state volleyball tournaments going on at the local high school, a very bad two day snow storm filling the hotel with teenagers, walk-ins and a kiddie birthday party all going on at once - but they did a fantastic job of catering to us all, including the Continental breakfast, without any of us feeling neglected! We already have our dates reserved at the hotel for 2015, we enjoyed it so much!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandieleec
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was told three different prices for the same room. The male manager we spoke to was very rude and continuously interrupted us while expressing our concerns. They were not helpful and not accommodating. You can't even stay with your significant other in the same room without paying an extra $8.00/ night. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S L
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We decided to take a weekend trip to Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard and booked a room here for one night. The location is great; literally steps from the orchard, family restaurant and kids activities. Check-in was very professional. We checked-in about an hour early which was no problem. The room was very clean, average furnishings. We went to the pool which was nice, a little wear starting to show but nothing terrible. At night the place was very quiet. The bed was a little hard but nothing terrible. We did not take part in the free breakfast though it is there as an option. Overall it was a great place for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the orchard. Great views that way. Otherwise you'll be looking into th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smdelaney
Tina B, Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for feedback for your stay at our hotel, I really appreciate it. We are in process of changing the beds this winter. We just got done replacing the carpet and new bedding, the next on our list is beds. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stated in Belle Plaine for one night for a wedding I called in March for reservations for 2
rooms, and all they had lefted was smoking which we didn'n want but we took them. when
we and the other couple went into our rooms there was hardly any smell of smoke, we very nice
rooms. They have a nice continenal breakfast with all the goodies.

Room Tip: The hotel was full with a wedding party staying there, and we heard no noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank catcat085
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here for one night in September 2011. The room was nice. #216 Equipped with a fairly comfortable king size bed, a small whirlpool tub, microwave and refrigerator. A very good value in the $70 range with a triple A discount.

The staff is very friendly and the property appeared well kept.

One thing I found a bit troubling was the noise from people walking in the hallway. My room was on the second floor and I could hear footsteps in the hall at times. Early in the morning, someone was letting their toddler run back and forth in the hall. I was awakened by the rather loud "thumping" noise in the morning. The floor transmits sounds to the room. I couldn't really hear people talking, etc., just those annoying thumping noises.

Other reviews describe this property as quiet, so perhaps the noise was an anomaly.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the second floor; however, noise may transmit to the first floor rooms as well?
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank bigpoppa1855
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I visited AmericInn in June of 2010 with a few family members. I have never seen a more beautiful, and more friendlier hotel. I was there from the 31st of May til 7th of June. The staff was the best, friendliest people I have ever seen in a hotel. They went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. The rooms were always cleaned spotless, the beds were always made perfectly, you just couldn't ask for more. The children (big and little) loooooved the video games, and looooved playing pool. I think what they loved more then that was the inside swimming pool that was so clean I was in shock! I am planning a visit to up there again, and I have no question as to where I"m going to stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake
Oak Ridge Hotel and Conference Center

Been to HomeTown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!