“Wash your hands please”

Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Belle Plaine
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Today was our second (and likely last) visit to Emma Krumbees. We stood at the spot that said wait here to be seated for at least 5 minutes before a girl appeared and stood there staring at us, never said hello, can I help you, nothing. We were finally seated and it took about 15 minutes for Edna to come to the table, she took our order, reaching across my face numerous times to set down silverwear, napkins, and take the menus. I saw my food sit for almost 15 minutes on the counter before being brought to me, at which time she again reached across my face to hand my husband his food and ran her arm over my straw, looked at it and walked away. Gross. I saw her dump trash, wipe tables, fix her hair, and then pick up people's food without washing her hands (to be fair, I also saw another waitress put her hair up and take it down 4 times and then pick up someone's food too, so Edna is not the only one). While the food was good, we won't be back.

1  Thank Debi G
Phil M, Owner at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi Debi. First off, we would like to apologize for the long wait when you first arrived. We encourage our staff to always sit our guests when the tables are ready! As a staff we are dedicated to friendly and attentive service so I will speak with the staff regarding all of the incidents that you mention. There is no excuse for the sanitary issues you mention so I will also bring that up to ensure that we do not have anyone making these mistakes in the future. As the general manager, Jeff, I would like to extend my apologies. But, I would like to please get in contact with you about this situation in order to correct it. If you could please send me an email or give me a call it would be much appreciated! Thank you for letting us prove to you that we are all about a perfect dining experience!

Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)
952.873.4334
jjmolson@cs.com

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food was very good with a wide variety of choices. Fresh fruit is available as a choice of side. The hostess and servers were friendly. Even though the place was busy, our requests were quickly taken care of and we were asked if we wanted drink refills. Our only problem was figuring out how to get to the restaurant. You can see it from the highway, but if you are going south, there is no exit to the restaurant. It would be nice if there were some signs pointing to the correct exit!

Phil M, Owner at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your visit! We take great pride in providing wonderful service to our guests, and we are glad that you enjoyed our delicious home style food. We hope to see you again soon and we apologize for the confusion with the exits! Best, Phil Morris (Owner)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stopped at Emma Krumbee's on our way to Valleyfair and were anxious for a home-style meal. Unfortunately, we never even got to order food. Upon arrival, we stood in an otherwise empty lobby waiting for someone--anyone--to seat us. A staff member finally acknowledged our presence and found us an empty booth (which, by the way, were many in number).

Soon after, a waitress brought us water and menus...and that was the last we saw of her (or anyone, for that matter). Five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes passed and no one even looked our way. At one point I tried (unsuccessfully) to get someone's attention, but we just sat. After waiting much too long, we got up and left. No one attempted to stop us.

Though we make an annual trip to Shakopee, we will never stop here again.

Hello. We are disappointed about the situation that occurred. As the general manager, Jeff, I would like to extend my apologies for the entire experience. It is very unlike our staff to not be attentive and friendly with our guests and there is no excuse! I have spoke to the staff about the situation that occurred! I would like to please get in contact with you about this situation in order to correct it. If you could please send me an email or give me a call it would be much appreciated! Thank you for letting us fix our mistake!

Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)
952.873.4334
jjmolson@cs.com

Reviewed August 7, 2013

While traveling North on Highway 169, on the way to Minneapolis I decided to stop and have a late lunch. Getting to the restaurant is a bit tricky as you can see it, but you must go around a curved road to get to it.

The restaurant is large, clean and nicely decorated with individual tables, booths and even two counters to sit at. Our waitress, Melissa, was prompt in greeting us, taking our drink orders and bringing our menus The selection of food is quite varied and reasonably priced. The nachos, were tasty and came as I ordered: no jalapenos or olives. The dumpling soup had good flavor and the tuna melt was grilled just right and the tuna was delicious. Melissa's service was appropriate; not fast, not slow. A special treat is the bakery. Breads, cookies, donuts and other items like preserves and sauces are home made and fresh.
This is not a gourmet experience, but really good solid and tasty homemade food. Do not miss Emma's if you are anywhere in the neighborhood.

We are glad that you decided to stop in and enjoy a delicious meal with us! We are dedicated to proving prompt, friendly service as well as our delicious home style food! We appreciate your recognition of our delicious bakery items as well and thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation. We hope that you have the opportunity to stop back in again sometime when traveling. Have a nice day! Best, Phil Morris (Owner)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have been coming here for quite a few years as it is a halfway meeting spot for our families. I wrote an unfavorable review about the service recently, and have had a chance to visit again. Things were great this time around! We were a group of ten and had no trouble getting a table (they do not take reservations). Most of us had the Honey Mustard salad (the dressing is out of this world!) and the kids had the burger, fries, malt combo - at $10 probably the best value on the menu (or anywhere for that matter). It did a good job of filling up the teenage boys. Hostess was accommodating, waitress was attentive - overall a great experience. We will definitely continue to schedule our family get togethers at Emma's.

Phil M, General Manager at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello Michelle! We are glad that enjoyed your experience here at Emma Krumbee's! We take pride in providing the most excellent service to our guests and making delicious food for everyone to enjoy! We thank you for your updated review and we will always look forward to hosting your family get together's here at Emma Krumbee's! Thanks again. Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)