“Good choice”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Becker
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to boarding the Northstar train at Big Lake for the Twins game. Hotel appeared to be well maintained and clean! We stayed in a 2QB Suite which had 2QB and a pull out couch. The beds were super soft (had additional foam mattress) and bedding was clean and white. Abundance of pillows which is nice. Our son (13) slept on the pullout couch and said it was fine. Bathroom space was good with full shower and large vanity. Had a fridge in the room but seemed to only be cool not cold. Swimming pool was med. size with a hot tub but the water temp in the pool was a bit cool and the hot tube was too hot. Area in the pool was clean and maintained. Breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold (pancake maker, eggs and sausage, cold cereals, oatmeal packs, fruit and yogart). The hotel is located right off Hwy 10 with a train track near by but the rooms were quite - we were on the 3rd floor.. All in all, it was a nice stay and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side would be the opposite of Hwy 10 and may be quiter. We were on the hwy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
amulder, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Crossings Inn & Suites. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We will definitely check the pool and whirlpool temperature. The lightrail is great and super easy to take to Twins games downtown. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 21 days due to the work assignment in a nearby power plant. I was supposed to get an Excel Energy discount for my stay. When I checked out at the front desk, I did get Excel Energy discount from the lady working there that day and I got a paper receipt of $1597.81. When I went back home working on my cost reimbursement one week later, I found that I was charged $324.71 extra, without my authorization. It turned out that the manager of the hotel didn’t agree with the lady to give me a discount who did give me Excel Energy discount when I was checking out. I got a credit card bill of $1922.52=$1597.81(receipt) + $324.71(??). I consider this as a theft and ugly too. If you have disagreement among your people, you should have got your own things resolved internally. The hotel is relatively clean, except the short shower curtain. My room happened to be on the road side and the passing trains really made big vibration on the windows. If you would like to stay here, try to stay on the other side of the building. I was the only one from my company staying this hotel (my first visit). All other colleagues stayed in a nearby town with about 20,000 populations. I won’t stay here again and not recommend my colleagues to stay here either. The hotel is OK, but the people are not.

Room Tip: you need to choose the rooms located not no the road side to avoid train passing noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Spencer L
amulder, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that you stay was not satisfactory and that it was not explained why you were being charged more. We do have an Xcel Rate and we also have a monthly rate for our guests staying long term. If you were staying on the monthly rate and checked out before a month, then the rate does go up. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication about the issue. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to a manager about this issue that would be great.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have stayed there a few times...and love the hotel..but NEVER had dead bugs where the thermostat is. The clock was an hr behind and sheets were gross! Clearly not cleaned since day light savings! Will not ever go back. They didn't even offer a discount and to think we spent our honeymoon night there!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
amulder, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I would like to apologize for your room not being up to par. We pride ourselves in having a very clean hotel and take all complaints seriously. I tried to offer you a discount when you called in and complained about it and I also called you back and left you a message. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have a six-month work assignment close by and have been here for about a month. The room is very comfortable and clean. The staff is professional and courteous and have all taken the time to get to know me a bit. As a single female I feel safe at the Crossings.

The housekeeping staff is always willing to accommodate my work schedule and make sure that I have what I need to be comfortable.

The folks at the front desk are always friendly and eager to help out. It's great to see a friendly face with a pleasant greeting when I get back from work. Additionally, if I have any issues they are quick to take care of them.

This is a great place to stay! Many thanks to Amy and her staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
aprose, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Andy

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible! I read earlier reviews that mentioned train noise, but no one in our party heard a thing all weekend. The pool and hot tub area was clean, and the perfect meeting place for all of our family members! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012
amulder, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay at the Crossings in Becker. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that our staff did a wonderful job taking care of you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had an extended stay while working in the area. We found the hotel to be clean and had a friendly staff. The room we had was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is well stocked and maintained.
Pros: all mentioned above and very close to Sherco power plant. The provide free ear plugs (see below)
Cons: a bit expensive compared to other hotels in a 10 mile radius. A LOT of train traffic next to the highway although it does not bother me, It may affect others that are sensitive to noise.

Room Tip: If traffic or trains bother you then ask to be placed on the side opposite the hwy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
amulder, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay at the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will come visit us again in Becker, MN.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter was married in Becker, MN and most of our friends and family that traveled to be there, stayed at the Crossings, including the bride and groom and my husband and I.. They went out of their way to Accommodate us in any way they could. The rooms were clean, front desk people were wonderful. Everything was simply wonderful. They even put care packages that we put together in each of our guests room. I just want to thank them again for everything and if anybody is looking to stay in Becker, MN---stay here--you won't be disappointed!!
Neil and Laura Sjostrand

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
amulder, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your daughter's wedding went smoothly. We hope to see you again soon at the Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites in Becker, MN!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Becker
Becker Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
Best Western Chelsea Hotel
#1 of 3 in Monticello

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake? Share your experiences!