“A Gem in the Woods”
Review of Lemon Wolf Cafe

Lemon Wolf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lemon Wolf Cafe is a small Bistro, serving only the finest chef prepared meals. We have fresh handcrafted breads, soups and award winning desserts! We specialize in Fresh Lake Superior Fish. Stop in, enjoy a relaxing meal prepared by a Chef who cares! We have a large selection of beer and wine. We are located right on Highway 61 in Beaver Bay.We now serve Cocktails. We do not take reservations from May 1 to Nov 1
Roseville, Minnesota
“A Gem in the Woods”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the staff at our hotel in Silver Bay. We visited Lemon Wolf the first weekend in November and it was not very busy. The dining room area was very cozy and had great music in the background that was not played too loud. It was a very pleasant and relaxing experience! We loved the atmosphere and the decor! The food was amazing and we enjoyed every bite. We went back the following night for dinner.

• Visited November 2013

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint Up North Restaurant”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Don't let the exterior fool you! The inside is tastefully decorated, cozy and charming. My husband and I chose this restaurant after searching for a place with great food on the North Shore. The trout and steak we had was done well. Very nice wait staff also. Would definitely eat here again! Would also recommend arriving early for prompt seating.

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

They have great food! Highly recommend. The dining room is small and cramped. Went on a Saturday night and they were so busy couldn't even get on a wait list. Went back Sunday and service was good.

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis
“Great fish!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an exceptionally good restaurant. We ate there two nights in a row, it was that good. Wait was 20-30 minutes but worth it. I had walleye, my husband had freshly-caught herring, both were perfectly prepared. Soups and bread were delicious. The second night we had Swedish meatballs, really more of a beef/wild rice meatball with Swedish style sauce. I thought the meatballs were a little heavy but other people loved them. Oh, and the desserts are fabulous.

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing food, service, and no extra charge for spoiling the dog!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a wonderful little restaurant that my husband and I stopped for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't have to leave my dog in the car. They brought out a dish of water for her right away and some bacon when we were ready to leave. I have never had herring before, and found that I LOVED it! My husband's burger was one of the he's had. We will definitely be back, and I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
matildadoxi, Owner at Lemon Wolf Cafe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank-you so much for taking time to write your review! We are so glad you were happy with everything, We strive to accommodate our quests as best we can, whether they are vegan, vegetarians, need gluten free options, or....have fun furry friends!
We feel that it is important when people are away from home, that they feel at home when they visit us!. Our atmosphere, service and food all are aimed at providing just that, a home away from home!
We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Susan and Rick.