“Surprise find”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American, Norwegian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lemon Wolf Cafe is a small Bistro, serving only the finest chef prepared meals. We have fresh handcrafted breads, soups and award winning desserts! We specialize in Fresh Lake Superior Fish. Stop in, enjoy a relaxing meal prepared by a Chef who cares! We have a large selection of beer and wine. We are located right on Highway 61 in Beaver Bay.We now serve Cocktails. We do not take reservations from May 1 to Nov 1
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Wonderful food, great service in this fun place on the North Shore Drive. It is a "must stop" every time we are in the area.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I can't believe my wife and I have missed eating at the Lemon Wolf Cafe for the past 13 years. We travel to Minnesota's North Shore at least twice a year because it's our favorite R and R destination. We always enjoy eating at some of the areas great restaurants like the New Scenic Cafe, Angry Trout, Chez Jude and others but had never visited the Lemon Wolf Cafe until last Saturday, November 17, 2012. What a great experience we had!! Nice cozy atmosphere, fast and friendly service and fantastic food. The Rocky Wolf Trail Pie was ridiculously delicious. It might be the best piece of pie I've ever had and I'm 67 years old. The Lemon Wolf Cafe will now become a regular stop for us on our trips up north.

1  Thank DrDaveWalsh
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always eat at Lemon Wolf when I get up north! Food is always really good, nice glass of wine and owners are great! What I really look forward to is dessert! Got a whole pie for the boys at deer camp this year! Mmmmmm

1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Cove Point last weekend and had the chance to go to the Lemon Wolf for dinner on Friday night. We had the most delicious meal, enjoyed the warm and cozy atmosphere, and had excellent and very fast service!! It was so fantastic that we decided to go there for lunch on Saturday afternoon and had a repeat performance of the food, atmosphere, and service!! There is no doubt that when we return, we will be certain to go back there. My husband said it was the best Walleye sandwich he has ever had!!!

1  Thank Kathy154
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This little gem is off the beaten path with only a few tables but really worth looking for. It may be one of the few restaurants in the country that has fresh herring. It was caught earlier in the day of the day you eat it. While the decor leaves much to be desired the food it excellent and hard to believe how inexpensive it is. If you are close to Beaver Bay go for the herring it is unbelievable. We visited it twice on our recent trip.

Been to Lemon Wolf Cafe? Share your experiences!