“Absolutely delightful, except for one thing...”
Review of Cove Point Lodge

Cove Point Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver Bay
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Enjoyed another spectacular stay at Cove Point. The staff are all very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The facility itself is immaculate and comfortable. However, we failed to get a decent night's sleep due to excessive loud noise coming from the heat source. Every 60 minutes or so, we were awakened to what sounded like a loud pounding/ticking noise. Upon checkout, we mentioned the noise and were told that that when the temperature drops below zero outdoors, the boiler pushes more water through the pipes, hence the noise. From my own personal experience with hot water boilers and being a native Minnesotan, it seems to me that a mechanical defect was the culprit. We did notice several maintenance men working in the facility that morning. Hopefully this was an isolated incident, because we love Cove Point!

I would recommend contacting the hotel before you check in to find out if boiler noise has been an issue. We were in a room on the 3rd floor, towards the far north end. Maybe the location made a difference.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cove Point Lodge

Reviewed February 11, 2013

it was our 3rd time here. Enjoyed every second of the stay. Every employee was very helpful, especially Robin. She did an amazing job with reservations and with our stay as well. We really felt like being home. A cabin we stayed at was very clean and well stacked. And don't forget about a view... it was marvelous. I know for sure we will be back sometime in summer to enjoy Lighthouse nearby and take great pictures.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maria L
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here two different times, once in the lodge and once in the Fjord cottages. Both experiences were excellent with one exception. The staff were very friendly, outgoing, and helpful. The accommodations were clean and well furnished. My big disappointment on this trip was the dinner at the restaurant. The gnocchi was bland and we could only eat a small portion of it. The others at our table were happy with their meal, so perhaps it was only this one dish. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights (Friday and Sat) and had the best time! We were in the standard queen room with the love seat. I was a little worried about that, as the website kept referring to the room as "cozy" and I took that to mean "small", but it wasn't! It was much larger than I had thought, with a sitting area and plenty of room. For some reason the lodges website doesn't really fill you in on some of the smaller details of the room, so here they are. It comes with a small coffee maker (maybe 1-2 cups), a mini fridge, a DVD player in the room, so you can bring your own DVDs to watch, although they have cable too. They give you two wine glasses, two glass coffee mugs, and two small drinking glasses. The tub/shower was a nice size, some hotel showers are so tiny you can barely turn around in them. And the towels were a good size -- as a bit of a curvier girl I really appreciated the fact that I could wrap the towel around my whole body. I think the only small complaint we would have is that the water in the shower never got super hot. My boyfriend really likes taking hot showers, so he was disappointed. Also, the restaurant in the lodge has a very limited menu. So we went into Two Harbors for dinner, which wasn't a big deal. And the restaurant is only open from 5pm-8pm. So you may want to keep that in mind. And I believe they have room service. Also, you are able to open all of the windows at the lodge! I thought that was pretty cool, and they all have a screen and lock. The room got a bit warm Sat night, so we opened the windows and could hear the waves crashing on the shore below us (we were on the third floor) which was very nice and relaxing. The room also came with a small fan. I have never been in a hotel room that gives you a fan, but I was ecstatic! I think it may be because not all of the rooms have AC in the summer, but still. It was awesome. The bed and linens were very comfortable too. The staff at the front desk was super nice, and they even let us check out an hour late so we could enjoy the sauna before we left. We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: The standard queen room was much larger than the pictures on the website make it out to be!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank irisheyes86
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend in a three bedroom cottage. Everything in the place was very nice. The view was fantastic from the living room and the upstairs jacuzzi tub overlooked the lake. The beds were very comfortable and nice linens. We ate in the restaurant Friday night and we all enjoyed the food and the excellent service. The front desk was very helpful also when we had a request for an extension cord for o up fondue pots. We will be back!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pmlilac
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful specials and all rooms overlook spectacular Lake Superior. A hiking trail on the grounds meets up with the Superior Hiking Trail and included some fantastic views. Be sure to check out the Crossings Bar & Grill for excellent pizza and locally brewed tap beer.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank peacefulretreat
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The desk staff at Cove Point Lodge were far and away the best I've experienced in my life; I'm in my Sixties and have stayed at many hotels.

For the champagne listed as part of the offer, I was expecting the usual "split" little bottle, but the bottle we were given was full-sized or oversized, and very good! Similarly the chocolate was not a tiny box, but three substantial good-quality bars! The included breakfast did not list, but included fresh hot scrambled eggs and hot sausage or bacon (for those who want). The hot tub was exceptionally large, hot, and comfortable, the sauna was properly hot and fine. The lake view was wonderful. The bed was comfortable. The shower was excellent. What a place, and what a value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors
Voyageur Motel
Voyageur Motel
#6 of 6 in Two Harbors

Been to Cove Point Lodge? Share your experiences!