“Late lunch at a North Shore tavern”

Cove Point Crossing
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Late lunch at a North Shore tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant several times always in Sept during our North Shore week. This time it was midafternoon and it was nearly empty. It took a bit before we were given menus but from then on the service was very attentive. We were offered tastings of a new beer that we eagerly agreed to try. My Cuban sandwich was excellent with turkey, pepperoni and ham (a new take on the Cuban), cheese, pickles and onions - very flavorful. My husband had a patty melt on whole grain bread with excellent fries which he declared delicious. It was the first restaurant during our week that offered Castle Rock beer, brewed locally at Castle Danger, so we were eager to try their ale (I loved it, my husband not so much). The restaurant ambience is pub-like with several TVs on various stations - some sports and some music. Their food is definitely better than average pub-fare.

• Visited September 2012

Colgate North Dakota
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great atmosphere...Just big enough for great variety on the menu but small enough to feel very welcoming

Visited September 2012
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Not the best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My daughter ordered a crispy chicken wrap and the chicken was hard chunks and did not taste good at all. My salad was adequate. My youngest didn't order anything.

Visited August 2012
Beaver Bay, Minnesota
“Nice Little Tavern”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is only 2 miles from where I live and is my go-to place for pizza up here since there are no pizza restaurants like you might find in a major metropolitan area. They serve the typical burgers and sandwiches but their strong point, in my opinion, is their thin crust (very thin) pizza. The crust is great, the sauce good, and there is a nice choice of toppings. The bar is not very extensive but they have the basics. This is a good place to go if you are looking for a casual, affordable place, especially with kids.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis MN
“45 minute wait for food during peak hours??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Pretty disappointing visit to Cove Point Crossing. Went on a Friday night when they were busy, took 45 minutes from the time we ordered until we got our food. Then, one order had cold fries and a barely warm burger. Pizza was good, not great. Server was very apologetic regarding the service/food and didn't charge us for the food. Every place has an occasional 'bad day', I guess we hit theirs. Might try it again during non-rush hours.

• Visited August 2012