“Really good”

Camp 61 Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed this place, we found a place in the bar and soon thereafter the owner came to our table to tell us about the food. We ordered some local beers and some steaks.
The rub on the steak was great. Not typical, it was just very good. The portions were fair. We had the pie for dessert with was a stand out for me. It was made at the restaurant and very good. Local ingredients were used.
The atmosphere was that of a family place. We enjoyed it and would go back.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a large lunch at Lemon Wolf Cafe down the street and stopped in for a light supper around 7. We were told they were known for their BBQ so we ordered a pulled pork sandwich to spit. The waitress was super nice and very good. BUT we ordered the coleslaw on the side (why put cold slaw on a hot sandwich?) and it came on the sandwich. Also the pork is smoked and the BBQ sauce comes on the side, which is fine but the sauce was ice cold. Again, hot sandwich cold sauce? It came with homemade kettle chips that were over done, close to being burnt. It was okay, won't be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a great stop on our motorcycle trip. The service was very good, the prices were good and the food was excellent. My wife had the black bean burger and loved it. Next time we are visiting the North Shore we may also stay at the hotel here.

1  Thank N0dak13
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After years of visiting the North Shore we finally stopped at this restaurant - based on recommendations of others and trip advisor. We were not disappointed. First time was about 4pm. Not busy as it was neither lunch nor dinner time. Service was fast and friendly. My husband and I each had different pulled pork sandwiches since that is what they are known for. I had the Garlic Roast Beef which is like a French Dip. I had the homemade potato salad as a side, it was very good. Sandwiches were delicious but I thought the portion of meat on my sandwich was on the light side.
But it was good enough we went back again the same week for lunch. Tried a different pulled pork - Philly - and it was a much larger serving of meat on the bun this time. Again - very tasty. My husband had fish and chips this time and said it was good - but not like "I can't wait to have this again" good. Service was still fast and friendly.
We will definitely add this to our regular list of places to eat on the North Shore.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just had a snack of deep fried fish, but it was good along w/ a cold beer! We wanted the herring but they were out as fishing is running behind schedule. That was according to everyone we talked too along the lake. The service was good. The staff was friendly.