“Ok for me but not worth the $$”

Black Bear Lodge and Saloon
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Baxter
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was an ok meal, but I thought it was pricey for the quality. Service was fine. Nothing really to write home about.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Just had the pleasure of eating Brunch at this restaurant. I love the local comfortable feel of this place. Ate here last week and had a great burger, and bartender that day was friendly and great. Im sorry that I didnt get their names either visit but the 25 year old male bartender, and other young lady that were working today 3\9\14 were very friendly and its obvious they care about what they do. The manager on duty was a very friendly guy also. The Brunch buffet was expansive and no way you could try it all in one visit. For $15 its a bargain. A little something for everyone. Salad bar, pasta dishes, benedict, bacon, hash browns, and all the usual suspects of breakfast. Didnt even make it to the homemade desserts and what looked like an omelete station. Nothing agaisnt the number one restaurant listed for this town but it has a very small menu. This place is the best restaurant Ive visited here in Baxter and I worked in food and beverage for over ten years. Would recommend you try it. I will be back for sure.

1  Thank countryboybradley
Reviewed January 22, 2014

There were 11 of us that ate here late at night after arriving at the hotel. I was a little nervous when we arrived with a ton of children. It however was a wonderful experience the staff and meal was great. We were seated and greeted promptly. The kids were treated exceptional.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My fiance and I came to eat at the black bear lodge while on a business trip. The restaurant was very beautiful. We ordered the prime rib(medium rare) with mashed potatoes and lobster bisque and the 10oz sirloin medium rare.(with bluecheese butter on top)with mashed potatoes and tossed salad with homemade bluecheese. Blue cheese was delicious. The prime rib was melt in your mouth delicious. Sirloin was cooked perfect and the flavor was right on. The mashed potatoes were also very good and both meals came with vegetables that also had a nice flavor. Lobster bisque could use more chunks of lobster but had a nice flavor. Meal came with complimentary bread which was also fresh and the butter was sweet and tasty. The meal was expensive but you get more than enough food. With two steak meals, soup(substituted for salad),and dessert our total was under $75. We got a Boston cream cake to go because we were so full it was very fluffy and I enjoyed it. Overall this was a great experience. I plan on coming back. I have had a lot of steak and this was by far the best honestly. I read the reviews on google and I really could not disagree more with the people who said it was no good. Have not had other food here but it is a nice place and I would for sure recommend the steak!!!

1  Thank kaylindesper
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We came in with a group of 6, we had great service and wonderful food.
Very clean and on the ball our server was good we did not wait on anything.

Been to Black Bear Lodge and Saloon? Share your experiences!