“Great place to eat!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant was a great choice. We read the other reviews on tripadvisor and chose to have our dinner here because of what others had said. I ordered steak and it was amazing. My husband ordered fish. We both loved our meals. The rye bread that came with our meals was wonderful. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank maestraWisconsin

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went here for dinner on a Sunday night because we could NOT find a non-international chain restaurant open in Brainerd! Seriously!! There were not many people eating out. Sunday must be the evening to eat at home in these parts of the country, but we were traveling and wanted to take our sister out somewhere nice. Loved the ambiance. Lots of logs and very cozy. Being from somewhere else, I had to try the chicken & wild rice soup. It came in a little kettle, was nice and HOT (heat), and absolutely DELICIOUS. I could have eaten a lot of that and skipped the main course! We had steaks, which were not the best I've eaten, but everything else was really fabulous. Au gratin potatoes in their own little cast iron skillet, veggies, baked potatoes, all wonderful. I'd definitely return.

1  Thank Sandy K
Reviewed July 11, 2013

No matter what day of the week or time of day, the food and service is always excellent! We eat there most days when we are up north visiting.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Really good au gratin potatoes, walleye good as well...went on a quiet sunday evening in june so it was pretty empty and quiet, but good food. Decor is what you'd expect from the name.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Being from Chicago and my boss from New York City, we were very impressed with their HUGE build your own hamburger bar! Also, Daniel, was a great server.

Been to Black Bear Lodge and Saloon? Share your experiences!