“My favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prairie Bay Grill

Prairie Bay Grill
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Baxter
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Nisswa MN
“My favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant is my favorite. Love the chicken cranberry salad. Although the product coming out of the kitchen is not always the same every time, it always seems to be good. They have a food truck that has wonderful food, too.

Visited May 2013

Edina
“From First Rate to Second Rate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We used to love this restaurant but the meal we had on Saturday night was so below average it is unlikely we will return. Is the inconsistency a function of the recipes or the cooks?

As an appetizer, we had the Lamb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pepper, which was somewhat tasty but only lukewarm.

My husband had the Southwest Chicken Manicotti, which he thought was very flavorful but again served lukewarm.

I ordered the Shrimp Fusilli Carbonara, which the server assured me was her favorite dish on the menu. However, I was served the Mushroom Fusilli instead. I called our server over and told her this was not the Carbonara, she insisted it was, so I began eating it. She then returned and said that I was correct it was not the Carbonara but that they would prepare the correct entrée for me. The Carbonara arrived as the other three people in our party were finishing their entrees. Both of these main dishes were lukewarm. Two things: how can the server say that the Carbonara was her favorite dish and not recognize it when she served it? Second, why was all food only lukewarm? Food that is meant to be hot should be served hot!!!!! At the very least, a restaurant should get the temperature of the food correct.

I did not enjoy the Mushroom Fusilli at all and I thought the Carbonara was extremely disappointing; there was no bacon flavor but there were a ton of peas. I think servers should ask guests this question, would you order this dish again or recommend this to other diners? Based on this meal my answer is, no and no for all the dishes we ordered.

This meal was a waste of both calories and money!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Siren, Wisconsin
“Prairie Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The waitress was very helpful, being this was my first time at the restaurant. She suggested many dishes that have been the house favorites for many years. I selected the pasta with chicken and sausage...IT WAS AWESOME! They didn't scrimp on the meat or sauce! I've been to places where there's very little sauce on the pasta and makes the dish dry...NOT here! I will be back!

• Visited March 2013
Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit this restaurant a few times a year. The service is spotty at times but on tonight's visit we found our server attentive. The food we ordered was well prepared however the chicken Marsala my wife ordered was a bit over cooked and greasy underneath, on the plate. The environment is cozy especially when the guitar is playing in the background. You won't regret your visit to Prairie Bay.

Visited April 2013
“Pizzas, Sushi Night, Gluten-free & Vegetarian choices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We got BOGO on best pizzas EVER from 4-6 in the bar & enjoyed a sushi plate because Tuesday is Sushi Night! Great place to try sushi for beginners as they often do some "crossover" & cooked elements to ease you into it ;-)
There are a ton of delicious gluten-free & vegetarian options. You can check that out on their website, as they aren't all listed on the regular menu.
They have a large drink selection, great specials for "happy hour", & early-bird dining coupons for diner on FB.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Prairie Bay Grill? Share your experiences!