“Great Stay with Pancakes!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Great Stay with Pancakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here for work. Check in was a breeze. Holiday Inn had everything you would need for a stay away from home. Free breakfast in the morning complete with a pancake machine. The choice in Bear artwork can be questionable at times, but the wilderness theme throughout is commendable. Slept like a rock.

Room Tip: Second floor had no kids the night I stayed!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JesseWhite
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on your previous stay! We are always happy to receive great reviews especially from an individual so well traveled like yourself. We will keep up the great work.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We took the kids here for an overnight getaway during spring break. The water park was great and the hotel was clean. They had a decent continental breakfast in the AM as well. Overall, this was great value for what we paid ($100). It is also close to dining and groceries as well. Will definitely go to this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for coming to visit us during Spring Break! We are having a blast creating a great time for all the families during their spring break period. We hope that you come to visit us soon on your next adventure to the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recently stayed here with my family and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. First off you must realize that there is a water park and there will definitely be lots of children, but overall the noise was not to bad. The room was clean and the waterpark was a lot of fun. They even have an adults only hot tub, which was a nice touch. The staff at the front desk were very nice even though they were extremely busy. Even the free morning breakfast was pretty good. I have stayed across the street at the Arrowwood and preferred this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! We appreciate your review and I'm happy to read that your experience matched what we promise when staying at our facility. We look forward to your future visits to the Brainerd Lakes Area and wish you safe travels.
Watertown, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I live Mpls. The wife I needed A weekend away, We love going up north so we thought this would be descent place to stay. (It Wasn't) I expected ALOT kids (being it has a waterpark) But I didn't expect them to running up and down the hallways for hours. Granted not hotels fault by they should not allowed it. As far as the waterpark not that great. You aren't even allowed to bring a cup of coffee from their breakfast. They want you to buy EVERYTHING inside the park. After paying over 250 a night you should be able to bring in at least your own water. The waterpark wasn't even clean garbage everywhere. The Adult Hot tub wasn't bad ( But still messy) The rest of the water was so cold you couldn't hardly stay in it. The gym 2 treadmills and a bike does not make gym. No weights, dirty and sweaty smelling. In Feb. there is a lot of snow in Baxter. The sidewalks we barely shoveled along with parking lot. For a up north hotel that should be a huge deal. It hadn't snowed in a few days?? The hotel is to close to Hwy 371 so if your on the highway side you hear cars and trucks all night. I would not pick this place as my 1st choice or 2nd. I like staying in Holiday inns, I don't even mind spending over 350 for 2 nights. But I expect more then this place offers. But would never stay here again. It was overpriced and not worth it. CLEAN THIS PLACE UP!!!! From the rooms all the way to your Waterpark!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the back of this place no car noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tracy B
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you Tracy B for your review on our facility, I’m saddened of your experience at our property. We definitely strive for excellence for all guests, but we do sometime miss the mark as I can read from your review. It was definitely a busy weekend for families enjoying the holidays and we find ourselves perplexed on managing children and managing demand. We will strive to better our approach on crowd control and cleanliness. I’m sorry about the miscommunication as well from staff or assumption on what can be brought in to the park. It is true we do not allow outside food in our park as it is conveniently located inside the park, we certainly welcome coffee from our breakfast area as it is part our establishment and not considered outside food. You are definitely correct in the need for upgrade in our fitness room, but until than we have set up an exclusive deal with FitQuest Athletic club located one block behind for our guests to utilize at their leisure during open hours.
Feel free to contact myself and we can speak further at any time, Thomas Vasecka 218-824-3232
Delano, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

My adult daughter and I were in town for a quick visit and this was close to everything and had decent curb appeal. The waterpark made me a little nervous because we needed to get some sleep and I knew there would be lots of kids and possibly be noisy. It turned out to be very quiet. The front desk was friendly and the room was very clean. It would be fun to go back and use the waterpark. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I'm so happy to read about your experience at our facility. We do our best to keep noise levels to a minimum, but it is easy to do when you have great guests. We look forward to your next visit to the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel for a business trip. Was pleasantly acknowledged upon my arrival by a very diligent staff. I arrived earlier than regular check-in time just to see if could i could get into my room a little earlier. As I had made my reservation in advance, the staff was very considerate and provided me with a room right away. As I checked-out the hotel I found that they have an exceptional indoor water park, a breakfast bar that would give any restaurant a run for their money and a small snack shop on the premesis which had all the essential snacks and drinks one might need. As this trip was for business, I plan to return on a family vacation at some point. The hotel is easy to access from the main highway, the rooms are quiet and the beds are very comfortable. For a traveling family or just a business trip, this hotel does not disappoint. I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable nights stay and I will return again. If you stay here, prepare to be met by an upbeat staff who are always wearing a smile.

Room Tip: I have found that booking ahead usually gets you into a better room. I had a second floor room whic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M C
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I’m happy to read that your experience is definitely what we shoot for every time. We truly appreciate our staff and I’m happy that the appreciation shows to our guests. Our breakfast is great and it is a great complimentary amenity that brings great value to your stay. We look forward to meeting you again alone or with your family with an upbeat smile. We hope to see you soon.
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Minnesota in Feb wasn't my first choice, but I had to stay for work and this property was all that I needed.

I did not have a chance to swim in the pool (and it was crawling with kids as one can expect) but the workout room is adaquate. I did not have a problem of the room being noisy, thankfully I was far away from the pool up a level. The breakfast was great every morning and the price was right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being a great patron to our facility, I’m happy that your business travel needs were met and you found your room quiet along with relaxing. Our breakfast is a great start for the day and I’m happy that you enjoyed. Next time you in the area make sure to enjoy the free access to the athletic club a block behind the hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!