“Great place for families”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a nice holiday weekend here. The water park caters to the younger aged families, but we still enjoyed our time. Did not have trouble sleeping and the air conditioner was fixed by a very nice maintenance guy within 15 minutes of calling the front desk. Lots of parking and breakfast was typical of a Holiday Inn express. Coffee was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, I'm happy to hear that your AC was fixed in a timely manner. We do have great facilities for families and I'm excited to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay. I too think are coffee is good. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Brainerd Lakes Area.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The waterpark was great for the kids but the room was small and mattress and linens extremely poor quality. Our air conditioner broke and was not repaired, so sleep was restless and uncomfortable. You do get free access to large and lovely gym that is within walking distance from the hotel. Overall- decent to poor experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sands-of-silence

Thank you for your review on our facility. I sincerely apologize that your AC was fixed in an orderly fashion. We are looking into bedding improvements as we do understand the importance of a good night’s sleep. We will work on improving our bedding selection as well as our response time. I'm happy to read that you were able to take advantage of the workout facility available to you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the Baxter area at this hotel. The kids LOVED the waterpark. We have two young kids (under 8 years old) and the waterpark was a good size for them - not too busy or crowded most of the time. Our room was clean and had plenty of room. Front desk staff was always friendly and nice when we'd ask questions or walk through the hotel. The only disappointment is that the walls were pretty thin and we could hear people in the adjoining rooms, hallway, and upstairs (we had a first floor room) walking and talking. I ended up turning on the fan in our heat/AC unit so that it would block out some of the sound. Luckily, the sound didn't keep our kids up and while it kept me up for awhile, it seemed to get quiet around midnight. Not much the staff could do since it didn't seem like anyone was being particularly loud, just not good sound proofing in the building. All in all, we liked this hotel and would stay here again if visiting the Baxter/Brainerd area.

Room Tip: Our room wasn't close to the waterpark but it was still loud. Perhaps try to get a room on the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly S

Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate your understanding on the noise level, we definitely do our best to insure that the level of noise is kept to a minimum. We will work on continued improvements for noise control and look into areas of soundproofing. We look forward to your return visit to our facility.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our second time staying here and we had a deal through crowdcut.com, which was excellent. We also were able to upgrade to the bunk bed room for the kids for a reasonable fee. Check-in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. We did notice the curtain for the kids room was pretty dirty, which is due to all the kids opening and shutting the curtain. Not a big deal to me though. When we checked out, which was fast and friendly, we were asked about any issues in our room. We mentioned the curtain and a form was filled out right away to fix that minor problem. The kids had a blast in the waterpark. Enjoyed the food and drink options in the waterpark. Prices were reasonable and portions were big. Also appreciate that you can charge to your room. The breakfast that is offered for free is great with many options. We will return to this hotel again!

Room Tip: A room on the third floor would most likely reduce any "running feet" noise issues.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for you great review on our facility, I’m happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great front desk service, clean, close to bike trails and Gull Lake. Water park is small but still a nice add on if you have small kids. Property is well run. We already made plans to return with friends. Definitely recommend. Only wish they could add some full kitchen units.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and look forward to your return in the near future. I agree, it would be nice to have some full kitchen units but if you are in need of any advice on eating out please don't hesitate to talk to the front desk.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The rooms are very noisy at night. You can hear everything in the halls and rooms next door. We even had the fan running to block out the noise. Twice we talked to the desk attendent about kids running in the halls at midnight. This went on until after 1am. The noisy people must have been important because when I asked the am crew about it they made excuses for the parents having trouble controlling the kids. The hotel let them stay another night and I wasn't the only one that complained that night. The pool employees were wonderful! They did a real good job and were very good at having fun with the kids. So were the ladies that served the breakfast. There was a large crowd and they kept everything full.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that you had to deal with unruly neighbors during your stay. I see that the overnight associate did their best to control the noise and it was our hope that the parents were going to take the initiative to control their children the second night, which of course they did not. We will take this as a learning curve to understand that past actions will predict future outcomes and words after the fact will not assist with that outcome. Again I do apologize on how that affected your stay and I am happy to see that your family enjoyed the waterpark and breakfast.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on Friday night and we were very disappointed. When we went to turn down the bed for the night we realized that there was shredded cheese on the bed. It was not ours and it was gross. It was noisy all night long and then in the morning we pulled out the chair from the table and there on the chairs was a bunch of crumbs and it looked like jelly was smeared all over the chair. Gross! I think they could atleast clean up the rooms from one day to the next. When we checked out I mentioned the mess that we found. I wanted to make sure they knew that we didn't make that mess. The person checking us out said NOTHING! No...I'm sorry about that or anything! Wow....can you believe it? Last time staying here! I would recommend checking the room for cleaniness right when you check in....that was our mistake. We only noticed the mess on the bed at 10pm.

Room Tip: make sure the room is clean when you check in and tell them right away if it's not! We have lear...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

First I want to respond by saying Thank you for your review, it saddens me that your experience was not up to our expectations for guest room cleanliness and that a solution was not delivered when you brought it to the associate’s attention at check out. Let me take this time to sincerely apologize that your room was not in order and insure you that we strive for cleanliness every time but have definitely missed the mark in your situation. I invite you to call me directly so I can get further details of your stay so I may provide additional training to the staff members that are in need.
Once again I thank you for your review. Thomas Vasecka, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#1 of 3 in East Gull Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!