Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
USA
“excellent”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great front desk service, clean, close to bike trails and Gull Lake. Water park is small but still a nice add on if you have small kids. Property is well run. We already made plans to return with friends. Definitely recommend. Only wish they could add some full kitchen units.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and look forward to your return in the near future. I agree, it would be nice to have some full kitchen units but if you are in need of any advice on eating out please don't hesitate to talk to the front desk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
minnesota metro area
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The rooms are very noisy at night. You can hear everything in the halls and rooms next door. We even had the fan running to block out the noise. Twice we talked to the desk attendent about kids running in the halls at midnight. This went on until after 1am. The noisy people must have been important because when I asked the am crew about it they made excuses for the parents having trouble controlling the kids. The hotel let them stay another night and I wasn't the only one that complained that night. The pool employees were wonderful! They did a real good job and were very good at having fun with the kids. So were the ladies that served the breakfast. There was a large crowd and they kept everything full.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am very sorry that you had to deal with unruly neighbors during your stay. I see that the overnight associate did their best to control the noise and it was our hope that the parents were going to take the initiative to control their children the second night, which of course they did not. We will take this as a learning curve to understand that past actions will predict future outcomes and words after the fact will not assist with that outcome. Again I do apologize on how that affected your stay and I am happy to see that your family enjoyed the waterpark and breakfast.
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on Friday night and we were very disappointed. When we went to turn down the bed for the night we realized that there was shredded cheese on the bed. It was not ours and it was gross. It was noisy all night long and then in the morning we pulled out the chair from the table and there on the chairs was a bunch of crumbs and it looked like jelly was smeared all over the chair. Gross! I think they could atleast clean up the rooms from one day to the next. When we checked out I mentioned the mess that we found. I wanted to make sure they knew that we didn't make that mess. The person checking us out said NOTHING! No...I'm sorry about that or anything! Wow....can you believe it? Last time staying here! I would recommend checking the room for cleaniness right when you check in....that was our mistake. We only noticed the mess on the bed at 10pm.

Room Tip: make sure the room is clean when you check in and tell them right away if it's not! We have lear...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
First I want to respond by saying Thank you for your review, it saddens me that your experience was not up to our expectations for guest room cleanliness and that a solution was not delivered when you brought it to the associate’s attention at check out. Let me take this time to sincerely apologize that your room was not in order and insure you that we strive for cleanliness every time but have definitely missed the mark in your situation. I invite you to call me directly so I can get further details of your stay so I may provide additional training to the staff members that are in need.
Once again I thank you for your review. Thomas Vasecka, General Manager.
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 2 queen room which was a nice size. Bathroom was nicely tiled & clean. Exercise room had 2 treadmills & a bike. Not the best equipment but met my need to workout. Breakfast was ok - I've seen better but at least it was included. There is a fun looking water park at this hotel but I did not use it. Gift shop left much to be desired. Cookies in lobby in evening were good & a nice touch. Hotel was busy for a Tuesday so it is likely one of best in area.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your patronage to our facility! I’m happy to hear that overall you had a nice stay, next time you are in the area ask the Front Desk about FitQuest Athletic Club which as a guest you get free access. It will be a great experience to your workout. We will continue to look into ways to improve our breakfast bar and invite your feedback on what may improve our breakfast selection.
Again Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I along with our 4.5yr old stayed here for a nice relaxing get away. We had no idea that this place is owned by the Cragun family. We have stayed at the Cragun's resort as well, and adore that resort. The Three Bears is deinitely a 5-star!!! Nothing bad to report. Its lovely, clean, & the waterpark was a hit with us all. "Cal" in the waterpark did an outstanding job providing great care to the kids, and overseeing families are kept happy:))) He is definitely a team player, showed excellent communication to meeting family needs, seemed very flexible as a multitasker, and learned is well liked by the staff. If you are searching for a clean hotel, this one delivers. I'v been obsessed wtih cleanliness after working for the Best Western years ago. This place met all our expections, and we will for sure be back. The breakfast is also better than most continental breakfasts we've experienced. Thanks for making our time off away from the Twin Cities an enjoyable one. We will be back! Thanks Cragun's Family once again.

1 Thank JulieI111
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I'm so excited you found our facility to be top notch and thank you for your patronage to our facility and Cragun's on Gull Lake. We are very happy to be part of the Cragun's facility and their many years of excellent facilities and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Baxter, Minnesota
Reviewed March 7, 2013

In the center of the Brainerd Lakes areas. Close to shopping areas. Nice accomodations. Waterpark is the best in the area for younger kids 6-12 range. Good mix of slides, pools, rivers and a bucket dump. Even a seperate hot tub area for adults.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tripseeker007
Thank you for your review of our Waterpark in the Brainerd Lakes Area. We strive for excellence and I'm happy to see that you had fun at our facility and enjoyed our amenities at the Three Bear Waterpark.
Southgate, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week 2/13/13-2/15/13. We had a very fun time. This hotel exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very clean and the bathroom was huge. We were in town visiting family and Brainerd/Baxter seemed like a good location to stay. No matter what time we would enter or exit the hotel, we were always greeted with a friendly face. We met someone new working each day and every worker was wonderful. The water park was super fun. We're in our twenties and we still had a great time. They have a bar and food in the water park so it was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nikki W
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay. We strive to provide an excellent experience everytime. I will spread the word of your satisfaction to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!