Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Country Inn
$110
$114
ComfortSuites
Super 8 Baxter/brainerd Area(Baxter)(Great Value!)
$113
Rodeway Inn(Brainerd)
$100
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
$125
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaser tagwater parkpizzaall agesroom was cleancinnamon rollslazy riverbirthday partydouble tubessnack barthe grilladult beverageslife jacketsa lot of fundouble queenhot and cold itemspool area
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 2 queen room which was a nice size. Bathroom was nicely tiled & clean. Exercise room had 2 treadmills & a bike. Not the best equipment but met my need to workout. Breakfast was ok - I've seen better but at least it was included. There is a fun looking water park at this hotel but I did not use it. Gift shop left much to be desired. Cookies in lobby in evening were good & a nice touch. Hotel was busy for a Tuesday so it is likely one of best in area.

• Stayed: March 2013
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your patronage to our facility! I’m happy to hear that overall you had a nice stay, next time you are in the area ask the Front Desk about FitQuest Athletic Club which as a guest you get free access. It will be a great experience to your workout. We will continue to look into ways to improve our breakfast bar and invite your feedback on what may improve our breakfast selection.
Again Thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I along with our 4.5yr old stayed here for a nice relaxing get away. We had no idea that this place is owned by the Cragun family. We have stayed at the Cragun's resort as well, and adore that resort. The Three Bears is deinitely a 5-star!!! Nothing bad to report. Its lovely, clean, & the waterpark was a hit with us all. "Cal" in the waterpark did an outstanding job providing great care to the kids, and overseeing families are kept happy:))) He is definitely a team player, showed excellent communication to meeting family needs, seemed very flexible as a multitasker, and learned is well liked by the staff. If you are searching for a clean hotel, this one delivers. I'v been obsessed wtih cleanliness after working for the Best Western years ago. This place met all our expections, and we will for sure be back. The breakfast is also better than most continental breakfasts we've experienced. Thanks for making our time off away from the Twin Cities an enjoyable one. We will be back! Thanks Cragun's Family once again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JulieI111
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

I'm so excited you found our facility to be top notch and thank you for your patronage to our facility and Cragun's on Gull Lake. We are very happy to be part of the Cragun's facility and their many years of excellent facilities and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

In the center of the Brainerd Lakes areas. Close to shopping areas. Nice accomodations. Waterpark is the best in the area for younger kids 6-12 range. Good mix of slides, pools, rivers and a bucket dump. Even a seperate hot tub area for adults.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tripseeker007

Thank you for your review of our Waterpark in the Brainerd Lakes Area. We strive for excellence and I'm happy to see that you had fun at our facility and enjoyed our amenities at the Three Bear Waterpark.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week 2/13/13-2/15/13. We had a very fun time. This hotel exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very clean and the bathroom was huge. We were in town visiting family and Brainerd/Baxter seemed like a good location to stay. No matter what time we would enter or exit the hotel, we were always greeted with a friendly face. We met someone new working each day and every worker was wonderful. The water park was super fun. We're in our twenties and we still had a great time. They have a bar and food in the water park so it was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nikki W
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay. We strive to provide an excellent experience everytime. I will spread the word of your satisfaction to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Such a surprising hotel. Usually when there is a waterpark and it's the weekend, it's a hotel full a screaming kids, dirty bathrooms and stress-filled chaos for mom. Not this place. The waterpark was clean, not crowded, always a table/chair avail and most of all..fun! The kids had a blast. (10 and 8) I parked myself at a table right in the middle where I could see them and read my book. That's my idea of relaxing.
The room was clean, bed was fresh and there was plenty of room. Free breakfast downstairs. Only one problem: where was the pancake maker?? All HIE have them and there were even billboards advertising the pancake maker but none was around. Tho I think if that is the only problem, that is a pretty good problem to have.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank janelje
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and waterpark. We strive to provide an excellent experience every time. Thank you for your observation on the pancakes, we are working to correct that with the manufacturer of the pancake machine as we too would love to provide pancakes in the morning. We will work towards making that happen. Again thank you for patronizing our hotel and waterpark. We hope to see you again soon.