“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Southgate, Michigan, United States
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past week 2/13/13-2/15/13. We had a very fun time. This hotel exceeded our expectations. We stayed in a king suite. The room was very clean and the bathroom was huge. We were in town visiting family and Brainerd/Baxter seemed like a good location to stay. No matter what time we would enter or exit the hotel, we were always greeted with a friendly face. We met someone new working each day and every worker was wonderful. The water park was super fun. We're in our twenties and we still had a great time. They have a bar and food in the water park so it was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nikki W
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay. We strive to provide an excellent experience everytime. I will spread the word of your satisfaction to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Minnesota
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Such a surprising hotel. Usually when there is a waterpark and it's the weekend, it's a hotel full a screaming kids, dirty bathrooms and stress-filled chaos for mom. Not this place. The waterpark was clean, not crowded, always a table/chair avail and most of all..fun! The kids had a blast. (10 and 8) I parked myself at a table right in the middle where I could see them and read my book. That's my idea of relaxing.
The room was clean, bed was fresh and there was plenty of room. Free breakfast downstairs. Only one problem: where was the pancake maker?? All HIE have them and there were even billboards advertising the pancake maker but none was around. Tho I think if that is the only problem, that is a pretty good problem to have.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank janelje
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and waterpark. We strive to provide an excellent experience every time. Thank you for your observation on the pancakes, we are working to correct that with the manufacturer of the pancake machine as we too would love to provide pancakes in the morning. We will work towards making that happen. Again thank you for patronizing our hotel and waterpark. We hope to see you again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed Jan 5th with four kids ages 8, 6, 4, 2 and the wife. We had the double bunk bed room. Room was fun for the kids and pretty normal for what we are used to. Tv really outdated in kids area and needs updating. Tv reception really poor as I only found 4 channels with digital quality. I don't complain much but the bed was really uncomfortable and a new mattress is needed. Waterpark is great for kids 2-8 years of age and I would say above average for waterparks in MN as we have been to most of them. Free breakfast is always a plus with our family size and it was great. Overall it was a great stay and with a little updating this hotel would be perfect.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sanselment
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on our property and waterpark. I’m excited to hear that the kids had a great time in the waterpark and you would rate us above average for Minnesota Waterparks. We work towards updating and improving the services that we have to offer in our rooms along with the technology provided in the Kid’s Rooms. Again thank you for your review we appreciate your patronage to our facility!
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great right from the start. We went there with girls basketball team, coaches, etc. so 30+ people. Rooms reserved and ready for us. Our check in was great. Took a while but very organized. I dont know she was able to keep all that info straight and get everyone in room. Nice job! Very clean and comfortable rooms. Everything we needed. Hotel in general was up to date, nice decore and comfortable. Water park was great for our 24 girls to unwind in. Breakfast was great and stocked th e whole time. I would certainly recommend this hotel. We had a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Tent to have alot of little feet wandering around, since they have a water park. Ask for a room hig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 888Kelly888
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your patronage to our facility. We strive to bring the same check in experience whither there is one person or 30 people checking in. I'm very happy to see that we brought you that experience. I will pass on your great comments about our facility to the staff. Again thank you for choosing us for your team stay!
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family visited Brainerd/Baxter recently and were able to visit the waterpark at the Holiday Inn Express. We were really impressed! It is all indoor and is very well designed to accomodate both small children and adults. My 2 year old and I both had a blast! Will definitely be returning on future visits and will recommend this hotel to stay for anyone I know needing accomodations when visiting the Brainerd Lakes area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank epi007
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I'm very happy to hear of the wonderful time you had at the Three Bear Waterpark. We strive for excellence everytime and look forward to your future stays with us in the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a night at this property in one of the double bunk family suites. Overall, the hotel is new, clean, and appears to be well-run. Staff was friendly and helpful, and came through with toothbrushes when we forgot ours. We loved the water park, which had plenty of activities for both younger and teenage kids. The included breakfast was very nice and included smoked sausage, cheese omelets, hard boiled eggs,cinnamon rolls, and much more.
The only maintenance/housekeeping issues we noticed were minor, and included: excess dust buildup on the bathroom mirror, a bent-down shower curtain rod, extremely slow tub drain, non-working remote in the kids bunk room, and pillows labeled "firm"and "soft" that were all firm.
Our kids loved the bunk room and had a great time at the water park. We had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alpine524
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and I'm excited that overall you had a wonderful stay. I'm happy that we could please a frequent traveler like you. I will take the matters with housekeeping and maintenance very serious and to heart. We've been addressing those matters this season with deep cleaning and room cares to our rooms. Once again thank you for staying with us and for your observations to better improve our services.
Long Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our families first time to this hotel / water park. The parking was convieniant to the rooms.We were greeted and given great directions to all the things we needed to know. The room was large and lovely ~ The ever sceptical 12 year old liked the room, the gameroom, and the waterpark ! As a Mom I didn't like the beer advertizing over the watertube shoots ~ tacky ! Food in the 3 Bears Water Park was good, glad there was something close as you get really hungry running up and down all those stairs ! Breakfast buffet was wonderful ~ even my fussy eater could find something he would eat and he got to pick it himself ! We will be going back .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathryn S
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm glad to see that overall you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and waterpark and I appreciate your opinion on the advertising above the waterslides. It is always great to get a different perspective; I will definitely look into making a change on the advertising. I hope to see you soon when you up in the Brainerd Lakes Area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!