“Amazing waterpark for both kids and adults!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family visited Brainerd/Baxter recently and were able to visit the waterpark at the Holiday Inn Express. We were really impressed! It is all indoor and is very well designed to accomodate both small children and adults. My 2 year old and I both had a blast! Will definitely be returning on future visits and will recommend this hotel to stay for anyone I know needing accomodations when visiting the Brainerd Lakes area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank epi007
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I'm very happy to hear of the wonderful time you had at the Three Bear Waterpark. We strive for excellence everytime and look forward to your future stays with us in the Brainerd Lakes Area.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a night at this property in one of the double bunk family suites. Overall, the hotel is new, clean, and appears to be well-run. Staff was friendly and helpful, and came through with toothbrushes when we forgot ours. We loved the water park, which had plenty of activities for both younger and teenage kids. The included breakfast was very nice and included smoked sausage, cheese omelets, hard boiled eggs,cinnamon rolls, and much more.
The only maintenance/housekeeping issues we noticed were minor, and included: excess dust buildup on the bathroom mirror, a bent-down shower curtain rod, extremely slow tub drain, non-working remote in the kids bunk room, and pillows labeled "firm"and "soft" that were all firm.
Our kids loved the bunk room and had a great time at the water park. We had a great stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alpine524
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your review and I'm excited that overall you had a wonderful stay. I'm happy that we could please a frequent traveler like you. I will take the matters with housekeeping and maintenance very serious and to heart. We've been addressing those matters this season with deep cleaning and room cares to our rooms. Once again thank you for staying with us and for your observations to better improve our services.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our families first time to this hotel / water park. The parking was convieniant to the rooms.We were greeted and given great directions to all the things we needed to know. The room was large and lovely ~ The ever sceptical 12 year old liked the room, the gameroom, and the waterpark ! As a Mom I didn't like the beer advertizing over the watertube shoots ~ tacky ! Food in the 3 Bears Water Park was good, glad there was something close as you get really hungry running up and down all those stairs ! Breakfast buffet was wonderful ~ even my fussy eater could find something he would eat and he got to pick it himself ! We will be going back .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn S
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I'm glad to see that overall you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and waterpark and I appreciate your opinion on the advertising above the waterslides. It is always great to get a different perspective; I will definitely look into making a change on the advertising. I hope to see you soon when you up in the Brainerd Lakes Area.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My only complaint was that the bathtub stopper didn't work. But in the hotel's defense, I didn't contact them about it. Although I was only able to stay 1 night because of work, it was great! I always love staying at this place. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank suzb_00
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and continued patronage to our hotel. We strive for excellence every time and I'll definitely make sure that maintenance runs through and checks our bathroom stoppers; otherwise a shower can turn into a bath very quickly. Enjoy your holidays.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in town on business and stayed at this lovely property. The hotel is in a great location - close to many restauarants and shops. It was very clean, comfortable and inviting.My room was very large. I was travelling by myself and I felt very safe staying in this hotel. The staff was courteous, friendly and professional. My only note is that they seem to need more help at the front desk as every time I came or went from the hotel the front desk clerk was on the phone. As I could overhear their end of the conversation I could hear that they were booking birthday parties. I could understand why as the hotel has a fabulous indoor waterpark. So, in addition to taking care of the guests at the hotel, the front desk staff had to handle future reservations as well. I still give this hotel a 5 star rating as it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sft1
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your review about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm happy to see that you found your stay enjoyable and convenient to area restaurants. I will take your suggestions to heart and speak to our Front Desk Manager to see how we can better improve our Front Desk by maybe allocating some additional duties elsewhere, because we definitely want to insure that our staff has the time to provide great service to our in house guests. I'm happy to hear that the staff on duty was still able to provide that and we will definitely work on improving that aspect. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel room was nice, spacious bathroom, room was nice....breakfast was busy, not enough help to wipe tables...gameroom was nice....One of the pools that come from the waterslide is shallow, and elbows were scraped up, but friendly staff supplied bandaids and sauve.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cocache
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your review, I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your room and waterpark experience. And thank you for your observation with your breakfast experience, I will certainly look at that as we strive for cleanliness in all aspects of our property. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had gone up to Brainerd for a family party which fell on a school holiday weekend so we turned it into a trip to the waterpark. I knew it was going to be packed but the service was still really good, the cleaniness great and overall we were really happy. The kids had no problem getting around in the water park. The rooms were very clean and modern and the one really nice thing was that at night, the hotel was very quiet. A few suggestions: Limit the chlorine in the hot tub, it was literally burning our eyes and in the arcade, it would be nice to see some just normal video games rather than ticket-type games.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we strive for to bring the same great experience every time no matter slow or busy. Thank you for letting us know about the chlorine levels in the hot tub may have been too high. We strive for safety and cleanliness in the waterpark all the time and I will speak to maintenance to see what can be done. I will also look to our arcade vendor and see if there may be some different types of games that could be added.
Again thank you for your review and hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#1 of 3 in East Gull Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!