“Very pleasantly surprised with the hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had gone up to Brainerd for a family party which fell on a school holiday weekend so we turned it into a trip to the waterpark. I knew it was going to be packed but the service was still really good, the cleaniness great and overall we were really happy. The kids had no problem getting around in the water park. The rooms were very clean and modern and the one really nice thing was that at night, the hotel was very quiet. A few suggestions: Limit the chlorine in the hot tub, it was literally burning our eyes and in the arcade, it would be nice to see some just normal video games rather than ticket-type games.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Thomas V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we strive for to bring the same great experience every time no matter slow or busy. Thank you for letting us know about the chlorine levels in the hot tub may have been too high. We strive for safety and cleanliness in the waterpark all the time and I will speak to maintenance to see what can be done. I will also look to our arcade vendor and see if there may be some different types of games that could be added.
Again thank you for your review and hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at this property numerous times, typically for a single night as a get-away (either solo or with my kids), and have always been impressed.

My most recent stay was for utilizing the water park in conjunction with a child's birthday. The front desk staff was amazing in accommodating our needs for the stay itself, with all of the things we were trying to do at the hotel for the birthday party, but they were also extremely accommodating to family who decided to join us there (and in the water park) for just a few hours.

The room we had in this stay was extremely clean with up-to-date ammenities and furniture, bedding, etc. We had a microwave and smaller fridge in the room, which are always very handy with kids for popcorn and beverages, as well as the typical ammenities such as a coffee maker, flat screen TV, etc.

This hotel itself is extremely clean both inside & out, a very safe place to stay in the Brainerd Lakes Area, and a few minutes drive from several restaurants, Target, and other retailers.

I have always received top notch service at this hotel and I feel it's one of the finest non-resort hotels in the area. [And I only say that because I have never stayed at the other non-resort hotels around Brainerd/Baxter. I truly feel it's a 5 star hotel in general and a 5 star Holiday Inn property as I've stayed in numerous Holiday Inn properties throughout the country.]

--> A previous reviewer indicated that they got a better per night price by calling the hotel directly versus what they paid by booking through hotels.com. I would say from my experience it's always cheaper to contact the hotel directly or use the hotel's website to book the room rather than using a site such as hotels.com (unless you're doing the 'name your own' price option).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Biz_Trvlr_Up
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for seven consecutive nights so I was very pleased that the size of the room was larger than the average hotel room. The room had four spaces within the room itself: entry area, bathroom, dining area with kitchenette and bedroom area. The breakfast was fairly good as well since they offered proteins such as eggs, bacon and yogurt and not just donuts and juice, like other hotels. They had a pretty nice indoor swimming area with slides, pools, splash pads, and hot tubs, although I never used them I did go in to check it out and I was impressed. Overall this was a good place to stay and I would recommend it. The only negative I would offer is that the price was slightly higher than what I'd expect to pay for that type of room, but it was worth it since the Brainerd/Baxter area has little to offer and you may spend more time in your room that normal.

Room Tip: You may want to avoid rooms on the back side facing the garbage disposal bins. If you happen to be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is clean, the rooms are large, with a nice bathroom. The front desk has always been very courtious and helpful. This hotel is in a good location to get to the many resturants in the area. There is plenty of shopping. I really like Christmas Pointe. They have a wide variety of items and a great little area for a quick lunch. The hotel has a good breakfast area with both hot and cold items. They are the standard hotel breakfast foods. Nothing homemade. But it fills you up if in a hurry to your business meeting.
For families they have a great waterpark with food kids like available with in the park. The waterpark and arcade room is at the end of the hotel and you don't even notice it. It is a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Iprefer a room on the 2nd floor and in the back. But they are all nice. I believe each room has a mi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

By far one of the best experiences. Overall cleanliness of the entire hotel was fabulous. The staff was exceptionally accomidating and friendly. The breakfast was set out early for our group and was very inviting with great choices and plenty of everything.

Room Tip: Asked for a room that was quiet. Third floor was great!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I just completed my two night stay. I stayed as a girls get together, but will absolutely go back with my family! The waterpark is clean and organized. Slides are fun and there is something for those of all ages, from the littlest to the big kids (mom and dad). The staff did a good job of keeping up with towel demand - which didn't appear to be an easy thing to do. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. A tall small fridge in the room was great for those odds and ends.

Breakfast was good and enough to get the day started right!

I would however, recommend booking directly with them. I booked a one night stay through Hotels.com and paid $20 a night too much. I liked it so much we stayed an extra night - that's how we found out we paid a little too much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This will be my hotel of choice in the Brainerd Lakes area. I was up for a business trip and the hotel staff was very professional and accomadating. I requested an early check-in so I could avoid the hassles after being in meetings all day. The hotel staff did everything in their power to get me checked in early, and it was right at check-out time with a full hotel. Hats off to the staff. The hotel is very clean, the room was large, the free breakfast was great. I'll be back in one week; maybe I'll bring the kids for the waterpark. It looked really fun!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Madden's on Gull Lake
Madden's on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter? Share your experiences!