“Best kept secret in Brainerd”

Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Best kept secret in Brainerd”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had a wonderful experience at the Hawthorn. Expectations were low as we frequently are disappointed. The service was great from the start when we made the reservation. When we checked in the gal behind the desk was very friendly and gave us all the information we asked for with total professionalism. The main lobby was beautiful. Our room was very spacious, very clean and the bed comfy. It also came with a cute balcony. Wish we could have stayed longer to use the pool etc. What a deal, as they give AARP and AAA discounts plus a hot breakfast. The breakfast was I'd say better than a restaurant. Scambled eggs, great sausage links, pancakes, juice, toast, cereal coffee there and in the room. A terrific value for the money! The staff was just kept filling the pans. The parking lot was very well lite.
Wasn't crazy about the placement of the elevator. Too many blind corners. The elevator was fast, not a wait forever type.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank muffy63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2010

During the Fourth of July, our family had a "Girls Night Out" at this property. Left the children and men at the cabin and headed into town. The staff was professional, rooms clean and spacious, beds comfortable, nice sauna, hot tub and pool. The breakfast was fine and the lobby had a nice ambiance and pleasant atmosphere. This was also a good value and we would stay again. I heard that this property may be changed to a Quality Inn so if you look at staying here, check out that name.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Great hotel - Clean, very roomy rooms! We traveled with a 3 year old and had a Queen with a sofa bed. The room was large with plenty of room to move around. Staff at the front desk were very pleasant and friendly. Hotel had a pool with a small kiddie pool which was great for our little one, it was all he needed. They even offer towels and have a small store on-site to buy beach balls, deodorant, etc... you can even purchas a Heggies Pizza and cook it in the pizza oven and take back to your room! winter parking was a little difficult as the guests didn't know how to appropriately space themselves and if you got in later in the night you had to figure out where to park. The morning breakfast was awesome. Pancakes, French toast, bacon or sausage, yogurt, cereal, juice... nice treat from having to "eat out" and you could bring it back to your room if you wanted or sit in the eating area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2006

A few years ago we found ourselves stranded in Brainerd because the resort we were to stay at originally had been closed down with no notice to us. Us and another family drove down to Brainerd for the races so not only did we not have a place to stay at race week, we were also holding 7 tickets for the races. Luckly with the help of the Chamber of Commerce the Hawthorne Inn was able to accommodate us and my two puppies. The staff, the overall atmosphere of the Hotel was absolutely terrific. So much so that we stayed they last year and have again booked for this year and will in no doubt book for as long as we travel to the Races.

• Stayed August 2004
Menominee, MI
Reviewed July 25, 2004

My husband and I stayed here in June 2004 on our way home from Wyoming. Just happened to see it and decided to stop. We're so glad we did. The room was excellent, the staff was probably the nicest of any hotel we stayed at on the entire trip, the pool and hot tub were great. Even the Lobby was beautiful. If we get that way again, we will make it a point to stay there.

A lot of hotels offer "Continental Breakfast". It was quite a nice surprise to find eggs, sausage, muffins, juice, pancakes, coffee, etc.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Thanks for a great night!

• Stayed June 2004
1 Thank kmp527
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2003

I take off once in awhile for a night alone,just me,no kids no husband no job. I stayed here on 10 /18/2003 had a whool pool room. The room was great the view out my window was great,the service was great. I would recommend it to anyone,and will Will be returning soon With my husband......

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed May 6, 2003

I was up visiting family for the holidays, and needed a room to stay. It was the first hotel I stopped at and I'm glad I did. The service was good, the indoor pool was very cozy and warm, but the breakfast was the topper. I've never stayed at a hotel where you actually get eggs and saugage included in the breakfast. It was great, because I didn't have to go eat breakfast afterwards. I'll stay there every time I'm up to visit. Thanks.

5 Thank Tvase32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area? Share your experiences!