Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
$104
Country Inn
$104
ComfortSuites
Super 8 Baxter/brainerd Area(Baxter)(Great Value!)
$78
$77
Rodeway Inn(Brainerd)
$80
  • Breakfast included
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
$119
$155
TripAdvisor
All reviewskiddie poolsausagehot tubeggspool towelsnice place to staypillow topvisit familystay there againcontinental breakfastking suiteenjoyed my staymini fridgethe breakfast areaa great staybed was very comfortablerooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband, 17 month old and I stayed here over Easter weekend 2013. We had reserved a King Suite--the website indicated that for King suites, you get to choose between a fireplace or a jacuzzi tub. My husband called to confirm our reservation and ask about the jacuzzi and we were told that for that room, it would be an additional $69 per night. We declined the extra charge. We did pay a good price, but the website was deceiving. We stayed for 4 nights and most nights we felt like we were the only people in the whole place.

The carpeting in the hallways is pretty shabby and very worn through in some spots. Front desk staff was friendly and recognized my son as we explored on two mornings. The breakfast area was very clean and the offerings were diverse. There was a hot waffle station, oatmeal, yogurt, cold cereal, bagels, muffins and toast as well as milk and juice. I noticed there was also hot scrambled eggs and bacon. We ate quickly on our last morning and were happy with what was offered.

Our room was a bit dated BUT smelled clean and seemed clean. We had daily maid service and when we realized the travel bed we brought for our son wasn't going to work, they had a pack n play for us to use, which was a godsend.

The pool and hot tub area are clean and well maintained but you will notice that the bottom of the pool and hot tub need refinishing. At first I thought they were dirty but then realized they just need refinishing. The kiddie pool was too cold for my 17 month old. He fussed as soon as I put him in it. The pool was a better temperature.

All in all I will say it is a good price, particularly for a family on a budget. Last year we stayed at one of the local water park hotels and paid twice the price we paid for this room. Of course we didn't get a water park but we didn't have time for it anyway. You will hear the trains coming through and if you aren't used to it, it might be slightly disruptive. We live near train tracks so for us it was business as usual.

Since the rework of highway 210, there is no good east bound connection to highway 210. You have to travel westbound for a bit in order to turn around and head east. One last thing--the mattress was sooo comfortable. It was a pillow top and we got a great night's sleep every night. I always travel with my own pillow so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank msamuelson
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is located on a frontage road on Highway 212 just a half mile west of Highway 371 in Baxter. It is very easy to find as it is near two main roads and it is also across the street from a large Home Depot. My wife and I stayed in a large room with a very comfortable King sized bed. The room was very large as there was a large sitting area next to the bed with a sofa. The hotel had a large pool with a sauna and a large hot tub. There was also a small, 1 foot deep pool for small children. Other family members also stayed here and used the hot tub and enjoyed it.

The front desk staff was ok but was not extremely friendly or helpful. The hotel served a free hot and cold continental breakfast that was OK. For hot food they served waffles, sausages, and scrambled eggs. The room rate was a little higher than I would have expected for the area but was not too high. I thought the hotel was OK and we had no issues with the staff or the room. My only minor complaint was that the Hotel was in a strange spot on a frontage road on busy street. To go east on the main road you had to go west for a couple of miles and then do a u-turn and go the other direction.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this location on 12/23/12 and it was VERY disappointing The carpeting was filthy.
To our surprise, they only have decaf coffee in the lobby with NONE available in the rooms.
The breakfast was average at best.
At checkout we weren't even asked how our experience was, jus process the payment and goodbye.
I travel to the Brainerd area on a regular basis but that will be the alst time I stay there.
Even calls to Grandstay
corp offices in St Cloud were never returned and I call 5 times !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOE E
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and young child opted for a hotel this holiday season while visiting family in MN. After researching every option within a 15ish mile radius, we were a bit discouraged by the abundance of negative reviews. Crossings looked the nicest, yet was easy on our tight budget. We chose well! The hotel was incredibly clean, quiet, and service was above average. Breakfast was great, and although we didn't take advantage of it, the pool/ hot tub area looked very nice.

The only negative experience we had was on the night of our last night there; a young girls' hockey team had arrived and were running the halls well past 11PM, then began prank calling. Although this was beyond the hotel staffs' control, I didn't observe anything being done about it until I approached the front desk. However, upon notifying the attendant, he promptly took care of it, and informed their coach/ chaperone.

We plan on staying again next year, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole41213
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable at a great price. Bathroom area was a little small but definitely adequate for our stay (3 adults). Complimentary wireless in the rooms & public areas. Breakfast was good, not a large variety but plenty of food. Did not use the pool area but walked through--it was clean but not a water park if that's what you are looking for. Would stay again if traveling without kids.

• Stayed: November 2012