“Robert from NH”

Rosalies
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Baudette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent menu choices, good size portions, reasonably priced. Service attentive but a little slow to pick up and return credit card.

There are newer reviews for Rosalies

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We travel to Baudette annually and have eaten several times throughout the years at Rosalies and went again this year. It was Friday night in this hiden paradise Lake of the Woods and we arrived at about 8:45pm at Rosalies where we were told to take the table/booth we wanted. Our waitress came and brought menus and offered beverages. We ordered an appetizer of Onion Rings, which had a nice appearance, however when we attempted eating them found the onions so tough and unchewable that when we took a bite into the onion ring the onion came out and the breading remained. We ordered our main dishes, my partner getting Walleye and I taking Ribs. I asked the waitress if the ribs were beef or pork, she said she was pretty sure they were pork and offered to double check in the kitchen to which I agreed, she came back and advised that they were pork. So I ordered Ribs with Augratin potatoes. The ribs arrived and right away I could tell they were Beef Ribs(white flat bones and with beef on one end of them, I took a taste and it was old dried out beef at best), I know my meets owning a restaurant and serving fresh meets, it was only obviously not pork. The potatoes were a combination of hash browns with shredded orange and white cheese ontop(unmelted), not the augratin I remembered. I told our waitress and insisted that the ribs were beef, she went to the kitchen and they invited me into the food freezer to see the box they ribs came out of stating baby back pork ribs, I told them if this was pork their distributor was sending incorrect meet in the boxes. Another man came into the restaurant and saw the situation occuring with the ribs and agreed these were no pork ribs he had ever butchered from a pig and said they appeared to beef. The waitress offered that I order something else and I opted for Bacon Cheeseburger(how wrong could I go?). They customer who had come and seen the ribs also ordered ribs and we saw the same exact plate of ribs that I had returned brought to this man who was seated next to us. We asked him how his ribs were and he said that they were not pork and that is when we noticed the same to pieces of racked ribs on his plate that I had just sent back. When it came time to pay we were brought a bill and went to pay in the bar grill area, where we were told one moment and waited 10 minutes for anyone to return and take our money.
Must say that it was disapointing to see a restaurant in this beautiful economically depressed area treating customers like they were replaceable and offering to be open until late and seeming to have no interest in customers coming who wanted to eat from the dining menu.
We wont go back and would suggest others to be careful if you go.

3  Thank pebitpeb
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Chicken Fajita Wild Rice Soup was Gourmet! I had two bowls! The Walleye Sub was very good and much cheaper then a full dinner! The ambiance was very inviting!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Traveling in the area for work, I chose to eat at Rosalie's conveniently located near my hotel. Food was great - I had a chicken wrap and onion rings, and the atmosphere was also nice. You could sit in the restaurant or at the bar. I sat at the bar and the service was fantastic.
It was busier than I expected for late on a Wednesday night, and I noticed multiple people in there for dinner or picking up orders. I will definitely be back to try something else next time I'm in town.